1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Eye Dominance Cross Over

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by EAK, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EAK

EAK TS Member

As I shoot my (I shoot with both eye open) dominate eye changes from rignt to left. I have tried to close the left eye, and tape on the left lens, but both really screw up my shooting and scores. I have tried the sight blinder and that didn't seem to do any good. I went to the "Easy Hit" site, and wasn't able to get into the FAQ area. Aside from that the over-fifty-dollar price puts me off. Contacted Aveage Ed, and he suggested the tape on the lens which having tried dosn't work for me. What to do?
    [​IMG]

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

First off, Easy Hit sights are $18 at Midway. You get just the sight and mounting tape. You don't get all the marketing crap and the CR-Rom of trick shooting, etc.

I have the same problem, and easy hit sights help, but do not eliminate it.

If you are hitting targets on the left side instead of smoking them (if you are a right hander), there is a cure for that. Contact phil Kiner and ask him to tell you about the experiment he had me try. It cured the left hits, but not the shifting eye dominance issue.

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

EAK...

I too suffer from the eye dominant/crossover problem like you. It started with me in early 2004 and it took me until the spring of '08, "To learn to be comfortable with my discomfort". I've tried almost every way there is to alleviate the problem (except a sharp stick in the offending eye) with only marginal success....

What I have found to work best for me is a combination of the circular "Magic Dot" and the "EasyHit" target sight.

Curt

4. crackshot

crackshot Member

Just close the left eye. Alot of good shooters shoot with one eye....Dave

5. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

If you have multiple color intensities for you shooting glasses, use a darker one of the same color for your left eye. Knocks it down just enough for the right eye to take over, but you can still see with both eyes.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'm using the Uni-Dot, and have eleven of them installed on all my vent rib barrels.

7. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

I agree there are alot of good 1 eyed shooters if all else fails for you try it you may like the results!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.