1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Eye Crossover

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bkt514, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

I overhead a shooter talking about a shooting eye problem. I think he was talking about eye crossover..or crossover shooting. Do I have the right terms, and what is the issue?

2. warren

warren Member

I believe the phrase is crossfiring that is when your off center eye takes over from your so called master eye, it'a a huge problem with a lot of shooters including me

warren

3. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

So cross firing is when your dominant eye is taken over by the weaker eye. Is this psychological or reality? I shoot left handed, with a strong left eye dominat, but like to shoot with both eyes open focusing on the leading target edge. Guess I can see this problem is tricky

4. Perazzi_MX8

Perazzi_MX8 Well-Known Member

It can only happen to shooters with both eyes open as stated already. I'm right-handed and left eye dominant. I have to close my left eye to shoot and always have. I had a roommate that was born blind in his right eye, and learned to shoot left-handed even though he was right-handed. He shot AA/27/AA for many years. They say, there is an advantage to shooting with both eyes open if you can and I believe them. I just can't do it.

5. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

It's a funny no--a peculiar thing,Any test will show that I am strongly right eye dominant but when I mount a gun my left eye will frequently take over and grab the bird and I will miss 3 ft. I shoot with 1x1 inch piece of tape on my left lens. Smokit

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

If you poke yourself in the non-dominant eye when you walk up to the line, it really helps with eliminating crossfiring. The pain however may cause your eyes to cross. LOL.

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Good shot STL

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

For those of you that crossfire occasionally, consider this. Try not (NOT) concentrating on the target as it emerges from the house. Try to see it first as it appears over the bbl.

9. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

Here is more info on the issue and a solution: XD Solution

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.