Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eye Crossover

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  shotgunshoot 
#1 ·
I overhead a shooter talking about a shooting eye problem. I think he was talking about eye crossover..or crossover shooting. Do I have the right terms, and what is the issue?

#3 ·
So cross firing is when your dominant eye is taken over by the weaker eye. Is this psychological or reality? I shoot left handed, with a strong left eye dominat, but like to shoot with both eyes open focusing on the leading target edge. Guess I can see this problem is tricky

#4 ·
It can only happen to shooters with both eyes open as stated already. I'm right-handed and left eye dominant. I have to close my left eye to shoot and always have. I had a roommate that was born blind in his right eye, and learned to shoot left-handed even though he was right-handed. He shot AA/27/AA for many years. They say, there is an advantage to shooting with both eyes open if you can and I believe them. I just can't do it.

#8 ·
For those of you that crossfire occasionally, consider this. Try not (NOT) concentrating on the target as it emerges from the house. Try to see it first as it appears over the bbl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.