1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Eye Blinders?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hauxfan, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I stopped into White Flyer at the Grand and asked for a couple sets of blinders for my glasses. They were more than happy to oblige.

Theirs are the best.

The others all fall apart after you get a little sweat on them.

It would be nice if Remington, Winchester or Federal made them like White Flyer does.

A pair of White Flyer blinders will last me 6 months at the minimum and Remington and Winchesters & Federal are good for perhaps a month or so.

Maybe if the ammo companies read this, they will copy the way White Flyer makes eye shields (blinders).

That would be nice.

Just saying.........

Hauxfan!

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Make you own from a plastic report cover...$2-$3 at most office supply stores. Scissors and a razor knife is all you need... it's not nuclear engineering, ya know.

Keller

3. Hauxfan

I just might do that Keller.

Even though I'm not a nuclear engineer I may be able to figure it out. ;-)

Hauxfan!

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Oh... and a 1/4 paper punch helps a lot to make round holes or round ends on the holes for the temples of the glasses.

Keller

5. Pa Clay Trgt

Pa Clay Trgt TS Member

a CERTIFIED DECOT dealer should have the nice plastic ones in stock which they should give to you if you ask nice. Ken

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The best blinders I have found so far besides the custom leather ones Don Renner made me are the plastic ones I got from L&M Lenses. They are slightly longer and more narrow which works well for me. Not only are their blinders my choice they made me some awesome custom colored lenses for my Ranger frames. They have a lifetime customer in me now as I'm really happy with their products and about to order another set of lenses.

7. mpslabman

mpslabman TS Member

Hey folks! My name is Kent Watkins. I'm new to the forum, but not new to the shooting sports. I am a coach for one of our local youth trap teams here in Arkansas. A problem we kept coming upon was the non-availability of blinders for the wrap-around style shooting glasses that are so popular now. So, I took it upon myself to create a design that would fit this style of glasses and still be comfortable, practical, stylish, affordable, durable and above all; be everything a blinder should be as far as functionality and blinding ability.

They are a slip-on temple tunnel design. No magnets, Velcro, or glue. Notice the deep frontal profile design; this facilitates maximum blinding capability all the way to the ground so you don't even see the guy's feet next to you. There is some assembly required using scissors and a stapler, but nothing a 3-year-old couldn't do.

These can be purchased on Ebay by plugging in item #251157074038. You can also call me up on the phone. I take credit cards. Tele: 870-932-4454

They are made from polyester plastic so they will last. Cost is only $10.00 with FREE shipping. I have two or three graphics designs for now; an American flag design, a Dixie Rebel flag design, and a "Defend the 2nd Amendment design. If they are a hit, then I will introduce additional graphics to decorate the blinders, or if you would like to order several sets for your team, call me up and we will discuss including your team logo on them. I will provide quantity discounts such as 3 sets for $20, 6 sets for $30, & 9 sets for $40 if you bypass Ebay and call me directly to order them. Custom graphics will be $10 additional per graphic.

I'm sure you have figured out that standard blinders won't work on wrap-around style shooting glasses. These work!

Also! I have had many requests for blinders for standard style glasses such as Decot and RayBan. I have several unique jumbo style shapes specially designed for handicap shooting where the shooter next to you has has a lower handicap than you. I can even provide you with these in left or right eye dominance configurations. Just ask.

8. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

I would like to buy some leather blinders.Who makes them and how do I contact them?..Thanks...SMOKIT

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Send a PM to "rennerize" on here. His name is Don Renner and he makes some nice leather blinders at a very reasonable price. I have several sets from him. He has all sorts of colors and patterns. These are two of the sets he made for me. Alligator pattern and actual Blue Stingray.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

The ones I got from Rem. at the Grand 3 or 4 years ago are some sort of laminated material (probably plastic) but they are still doing OK and they are in and out of the case & off and on the frames once or twice a week, sometimes more depending on how often I go fishing. You are right, over the years other ones I've had didn't last very long. Ross Puls

11. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Unless they are made from something other than cardboard why is there a charge?

12. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

The blinders on the website above sells probably the best blinders available for shooters. Extremely durable and well made, I have had mine for several years and they are as nice as when I got them.... Just my experience.. Dan Thome (Trap2)

13. chipdaddy

chipdaddy Member

I made a pair out of a heavy duty binder cover, been using them for 20 years. I'm a right handed shooter so I made the right one just a little longer so I blocked out more movement on the right. Not bio-degradeable. Jerry

14. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I make mine out of leather to my own dimensions. They work quite well.

15. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Do you shoot 700x or a powder that comes in a 8lb. black plastic jug? Use the jug to make a couple of pair. I made a pair 10 years ago and still use them today. Recycle. If you don't use it yourself ask around your club for a empty jug they are all over the place.

16. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Do you shoot 700x or a powder that comes in a 8lb. black plastic jug? Use the jug to make a couple of pair. I made a pair 10 years ago and still use them today. Recycle. If you don't use it yourself ask around your club for a empty jug they are all over the place.

17. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

HAUX: Did the blinder I sent work out for you?

Whiz

18. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

The Kolar ones are best.

...mike

19. Hauxfan

Whiz, I haven't got them in the mail yet. I'm always day late or a dollar short............lol I'll let you know as soon as I get them.

Hauxfan!

20. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Obumer blinders!....a good way to get shot in the side of the head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
blinders for trap shooting

eye blinders for shooting

make an eye blinder for shooting
shooting glasses blinders
trap shooting blinders

white flyer blinders

white flyer shooting blinders

white flyer side blinders