1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

eXtreme Titanium Collar Choke Tube Krieg??????????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by justinb, Feb 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justinb

justinb TS Member

Extreme Titanium Collar Choke tube (the choke tube is ported)

Has anybody tried these choke tubes? I seen them on windycity.com Let me know Im interested to see if they work as far as muzzle jump and such. Also is windycity the only ones selling them? Does Krieghoff manufacture them? Do they hang too far out the side of the barrel? Thanks JB

2. justinb

justinb TS Member

3. loanman

loanman Active Member

no kreighoff doesn't manufacture them they are made by Extreme Choke in southern California

4. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

here are my impressions:

I had bought a almost brand new set of these chokes from a gentleman who had sold his K80....I just shot the LM and M constrictions this past weekend for sporting clay using mostly Rio 1oz top Sporting 3 dram 1280fps shells. I mixed in about 3 boxes of Remington Gun clubs as well (1145fps 2 3/4dram).

I had on a fleece jacket underneath my Browning vest with a REACTAR pad so I can't give an honest assessment whether recoil was really reduced with these collared ports given the extra layer of clothing I had on. I did not notice any significant muzzle jump when shooting the Rios...these loads are a bit on the hotter side that what I normally use (1oz 1200fps)

when cleaning them, I noticed, underneath the collar, residue buildup as well as in the ports. A pain in the a$$ to clean (the collar portion) if you don't have any type of Slip2000 type of solution. You have basically three parts to clean: the choke tube, the collar, and the rubber gasket ring. The collar is the pain in the a$$ to clean without a cleaning solution.

When I did my part, I broke clays so I have no reason to doubt their patterning quality. Construction quality is excellent.

I'll be putting my set up for sale soon just because I am shooting a lot more subgauge than 12 gauge these days so if you are interested in my set, email me or pm me or look for my ad soon in the For Sale section.

If you want to buy any Extreme Ti chokes, brand new, buy them from Extreme themselves. DO NOT buy them from Windycityshooting. I had tried buying some of the 28 gauge Extreme Ti chokes from Windycity and everytime I added a choke tube to the checkout cart, it would automatically tack on an extra $20 for shipping. WTF! Extreme will ship via Fedex ground because Fedex is closer to them than driving to the post office so if you don't want Fedex leaving expensive chokes tubes at your front door (like they did with me in the past), unattended, ask Extreme to see if they can make the special trip to the post office to mail you your choke tubes.

5. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Windy city will make the adjustments with a phone call.

6. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

these retailers I contacted, specifically Greenwood Sporting Arms and Pacific Sporting Arms, drop ship from Extreme, if you order through either one of those places and I suspect Windycity does the same. It's better to just contact Extreme themselves, that cuts out the middle man retailer since they drop ship the product anyway....hopefully Windycity fixes their online shipping calculator.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
extrem chokes review
extreme choke

extreme chokes

extreme chokes for sale

extreme chokes for sporting clays
extreme chokes of california
extreme chokes review
extreme ti choke tubes