1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Extreme Safety

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blitzer, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blitzer

blitzer TS Member

I was wondering if anyone else has a story like this?

I was at a club one Sunday sitting at a picnic table getting shooting tips from seasoned shooters when up pulls a very high priced foreign car with blacked out tinted windows. The conversation immediately went silent and we waited to see who and or what was going to get out. The next thing we knew a guy gets out and he's smoking the biggest cigar I've ever seen! I thought it was a damn novelty cigar! Get this: THE GUY IS DRESSED IN BLAZE ORANGE from his hat to his deck shoes! The smart a$$ in our crowd says "what the f@#k is that"? He walks over to the table with his shotgun in a gun sock (an 870 field grade) and says "somebody needs to pave that road". I guess that was to break the ice. somebody told him what a nice "colorful" outfit he had on, and he said simply "Safety First"! Well he was a nice enough guy, and nobody gave him a hard time though there was a shooters wife that kept taking pictures of him when he wasn't looking.

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I sometimes wear a bright orange or day glow green shirt when training on the range. I had not thought of matching pants.

The green outfit might work on the Skeet field. LOL

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Nobody even bats an eye when we show up in camo anymore.

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I thought "Fuschia" was the color of choice for skeeter's??

Curt

5. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

Great story, welcome to trapshooters.com Blitzer. Kim

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

May be going a little to far.

7. Dednlost

Dednlost Member

If the idea is safety wouldn't you want to pick a color other than that of the target being shot at?

8. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Blitzer. I hate to admit this but I bought a bright PINK wind breaker jacket and pants one time just to wear it to the 16 yard line at an ATA shoot in Green Bay. I figured it should be good for a couple of birds as I had a large bet with one of my squad mates. Sorry to say it didn't work. I myself was laughing so hard I missed the first two birds. It was good for a few laughs though. I immediately gave it to a skeeter when done. lol Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.