1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Extreme "Bumping" with no photos???

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by rick979, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Even tho' this site has few rules or controls WHY would a seller waste their time to post several guns for sale with NO photos and bump them to the top once or twice a day for a month?? A decent trap gun in the range of $500 to $2,000 will sell in a day or so if it is priced correctly but you need some decent photos in the add. You cannot develop any enthusiasm for what you are selling if a potential buyer can't SEE it!! It also helps if a seller answers inquiries and has a good reputation. So WHY?? Rick ... Texas

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

Extreme

Yup.

HM

3. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

0   0   0

Extreme

New rule, if you bump your own ad or someone else does it twice your gone deleated no mo kaput.

4. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Extreme

We shouldn't need a rule. Logic and a little common sense should be enough...but then again some might be lacking BOTH.

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Extreme

Why should it bother you or anyone else???? Don't open the thread. Pass by. or Open and bitch about it being there. It's not your space they are taking up.

Don

6. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Extreme

One problem is that you can not tell if a picture is included until you open the thread. Takes up my time. If i knew the asking price and if it had a picture then i would open it. If no pic or price, I wouldnt waste my time to open it.
    Plenty people can post a picture for you if you just ask the too. Darn good site. The fewer the rules....... the better.

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Extreme

I agree also and i'll bump this thread to the top.----Matt

8. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

0   0   0

Extreme

I feel as though you wrote this thread just for me,,,I stated in the thread that pictures could be had for the asking, and some did,,those who/whom were not instrested did not ask and I did not send them anything,,,,I read the instructions on posting pic's,,and not being very computer literate, I did it this way,,and saved spsce for more threads,,and not clutter it up for those who have no instrest,,,like someone stated, "if you don't like it with no pictures, then don't open it",,Just my story, and I am sticking to it. Have a good day,,and shoot well and often.
    Norman

9. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Extreme

Snglfoot: The thread may be about you...it may be about someone else...but if the "shoe fits wear it". One needs to realize that every time you BUMP YOUR add UP you are moving another person's add DOWN. There is nothing fair about it. In addition you don't need to be a genius to figure out how to post a darn photo....some people just are too lazy to learn and rely on others for the simplest of tasks.

10. Bill Marsh

Bill Marsh Guest

0   0   0

Extreme

Bump

11. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Extreme

Aw-right, here's one

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pics if you want them. $3850 and ground UPS. Great shape, A Special tha has been cared for. No porting, full set of Perazzi tubes. Full lenght stock Sets up easily. Numbers match, mostly, good trigger pull. 34". Very nice "Special" Includes green case as shown. Tool, tubes.

Uh, Sorry. The gold trigger is not part of the package. The standard Blue Special trigger in pull is. NO wear onthe trigger or guard. Very "clicky"

On the road today. Sendme an email

12. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Extreme

While pictures are great.. consider this.. MX10RS 32" O/U barrel New..mint condition.. never fitted to receiver.. factory choked .020/.032 18.8 bores 1.71 kg weight.. $1500 delivered.. Now.. if this came from a fellow shooter we know.. do you really need a picture..

13. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Extreme

Bill. Absolutely right. In fact I have a special tape measure that skips 32,33, and goes righ to 34". You should get one. Very handy. Too, onece it is at 34" it stays there and has no 35". And very good reasoning on the sticker. Actually that covers the crank that moves the pad up nad down and in and out. Very versatile stock. Very nice sticker I got from the Whizzer to cover up that winder mechanism, eh?

Howsa bout this one for a buck or two more? A combo that is in fine fettle

[​IMG]

As you can see this gun has a the optional elongated 31.5" bbl from the Perazzi company. I hve a nother 34" bbl that does not show the ports, because the driller was sick that day. Most guys would think this is some fancy-schmancy nitride job on the reciever , but no it is just plain old solid silver reciever. Same in the trigger. solid 34 carrot gold.

I shoulda traded yo for that TEEMER wiht the gargoyles. But ti is gone.

$5195 on this vunderful combo

Signed DBaJack

(what does the DB mean? I understand the Bill part)

14. Bill Marsh

Bill Marsh Guest

0   0   0

Extreme

bump

15. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Extreme

BE

"The fact of the matter is if you see a thread with a gun you are intersted in spossibly buying and want to see photo's ASK for them.It is easier to send them to a interseted person by email and save all the unnecessary chatter on the thread itself."

Funny that this advice doesn't seem to apply to the price that is always included when you seem to think that the potential buyer should consider spending thousands(in some cases)on a site unseen pig in a poke. Then request pictures at the sellers convenience.

Sorry I say if you want to sell it furnish all the information need to make the sale that includes pictures.

You say;

"It is easier to send them to a interseted person by email and save all the unnecessary chatter on the thread itself."

You feel it is easier to send out maybe hundreds of emails with pictures than to post the photos here. Wow I think that is a lousy way of saying that the person selling the gun shouldn't have to learn to post pictures. Not to mention the fact that for every post on a thread there are at least 3 times as many people that view the thread that might look at the post with pictures included and decide to contact the seller then those that will inquire via email

As a prime example check out this thread of a gun for sale 2 posts and 172 views.

http://trapshooters.com/cfpages/sthread.cfm?threadid=185366&Messages=2

Bob Lawless

16. ivanhoe

0   0   0

Extreme

BE

"Bob,I am interested in the person that actually is looking to buy the gun I have for sale."

You do it anyway you want but that is not exactly what you said in your original post. As for me when I see WTS or FS on the title of the thread I open it and if there are no pictures I close it and go on why should I waste my time requesting pictures. While I am waiting for you to respond someone else may be posting what I want with a picture that shows me enough of what I want to know for me to tell them that I am interested. From what I can see you are interested in selling yourself not your gun.

"This enables me to get a feel for the individuals actual interest and also gives the interested party a chance to ask any specific questions about the gun and get a feel for my personality as well."

Why would I need a feel for your personality I am not buying you. I am buying a gun. What are you doing trying to find a good home for your gun or selling an item that you no longer want?

I would check my original post if I were you it seems to me you are telling us all the best way to sell a gun on this sight.

"The fact of the matter is if you see a thread with a gun you are intersted in spossibly buying and want to see photo's ASK for them."

There is no "fact of the matter" about it is nothing more than your opinion and from what I can see it is not the only opinion.

Bob Lawless

17. ivanhoe

0   0   0

Extreme

BE

"It would seem to me that you expect things your way or no way at all."

It would seem that if I am spending the Money you damn well better believe I want things my way.

" If you are selling you sell the way you want. Stop trying to force people to do things your way. " metter of fact" the above thread would be your opinion. It seems thats how this thread got started in the fist place."

Well once again you are incorrect the above post is my opinion the thread is the opinion of the original poster. There is a difference between a thread and a post. Just like there is a difference between a MATTER and a METTER. If you are going to play have it your way you really should learn the difference.

Any one that knows anything about retail sales should be able to tell you selling is in the presentation of the product. Present it wrong and you will be lucky to sell it present it correctly and you will wish you had 10 more to sell.

Good luck you will need it.

Bob Lawless

18. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

0   0   0

Extreme

Two Straight,

Please forward those photos to me as well. Due to the size, I bet they will be slow-to-load, though.

HBT

19. flush-em

flush-em Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Extreme

Rick979--I quess I was "one of the extreme bumpers" Sorry will make a Extra effort to --" Do it right next time!"--and for "whom" It may concern, MIA/Jack, is as "reliable" and "honest" when selling a gun as you will find, and also the first to offer help when needed or asked.-take care guys--steve

20. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Extreme

Hey, MIA, I've seen that sticker before. DB=Dan Bonillas, as in DB81.

Jack, need any more snow? I have some I'd like to ship your way.

I have to agree that Jack (MIA) is a first rate guy whom I would definitely trust 100%... even is he is from WI.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.