1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

extra length adj. comb pins?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Crunch, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Crunch

Crunch Member

I'm very near the end of the pins on my adjustable comb. Anyone know where I can get longer ones
    Thanks

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Whoever did the installation should be able to supply you.

Ed Yanchok

3. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

Joe at www.adarib.com ( one of the sponsors here ) link above, can do you right. He worked with me for 3 days to get just the right things together for me. Good guy. Good products.

Don T. Littleton CO

4. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Here's a very easy and cheap way to raise the comb any height you might want. Take a 1" dowel and cut two pieces the height you need. Drill a hole the same size as your original post bolts in each dowel. Take the original post bolt to a hardware store and match the thread to longer bolts. Measure the new bolts for length, (through the original posts and dowel into the nut), cut to length.

Put the new post bolt through the original post and dowel and into the stock nut. The comb will now sit on top of the dowel. You will still have all the original movement, (left, right, and up) of the first set up. This will only cost about $2 for the dowel and the 2 new post bolts. Works perfect, and as solid as the original. The dowel can be painted or stained to suit.

Tomas