1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Extra Full Mobilechoke ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mr Earl, Sep 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Earl

Mr Earl Member

Shooting a Urika AL391 Optima want to know about an extra full choke. Where can they be bought? Anyone use one to shoot back of the 16 yardline? What are the pros and cons of using one? I've heard that briley choke tubes are made to last? I would like to dust the target everytime! Thanks for your insite into a lesson in chokes.

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

IMO you don't need an extra full to shoot any trap target. Modified, Improved Modified and Full should cover anything you want to hit, other than turkeys. Mark

3. SouthMetro Shooter

SouthMetro Shooter TS Member

I agree completely. Extra full is going overboard. A good shot can dust with a modified, that's what I use. And yes Briley choke tubes are quality made and last well. Get extended tubes though.

4. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

anyone ever had a choke tube wear out??

5. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Only the one I accidently ran over with the car.

6. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

you will accomplish more smoked rocks ,with the proper POI-getting the whole shot string to pass through the rock!! 30/1000 to 34/1000= full will go along way off the concrete!-- fixed choke beretta trap barrels came in 38 to 40/1000's what i call a "heavy" full--the barrels were marked "full"---not to get too technical-- if you shoot moderately soft shot and not hardened & forcing them into a tight choke- you will get shot patterns w/ deformed pellets going to the outside -called flyers, which defeats the tight choke idea!!!--- again , within reason, POI @ say 80/20 matched with a fast trigger ,will compensate for tighter chokes over 32/1000--by a mile!!!-there are alot of good shooters on this forum, which i respect-wally riebesell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.