1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Extra Barrels Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jhoward, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhoward

jhoward Member

I have noticed quite a few posts where folks have taken say, a MX6 barrel and used on a MX3 frame. And a number of posts where folks will sell barrels for a 686 or DT-10. Do these barrels then have to be fit specially to that receiver?

The reason I ask is a while back there were several sets of SKB 85TSS barrels floating around, but everyone said they would have to be fitted to the receiver. Why would SKB barrels need to be fitted if the Perazzi, Beretta, and Krieghoff barrels don't?

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Sometimes they fit and sometimes they don't. If you want it to be perfect you usually have to get it fitted by a pro. HMB

3. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

There are lots of factors at play. I have two DT 10s. I have had about 6 barrels that have interchanged between the actions. One barrel had to be fitted. The clip that holds the forearm on was different...go figure. Obviously the DT 10 and the SKS "Greener" Locking mechanism may be a little tougher to fit. It can depend on year of manufacture, exact model of the gun, etc. It really is a trial and error deal, IMHO.

JON

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Sarge is absolutely correct here.. Also.. we all seem to forget about timing the ejectors..and fitting the forend.. A slightly loose forend can speed up wear as trash has a place to hide..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.