1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Extended Chokes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BD Trapshooter, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BD Trapshooter

BD Trapshooter Member

Who makes the best chokes for a Beretta 682 Gold E?

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

If you know, or can measure the TRUE diameter of your bores I would suggest Seminole (Seminole will do this for you if you send them your barrels, but most gun clubs can point you to someone with a bore gauge).

Seminole tubes are custom made to the true diameter of your bores rather than to an industry standard (i.e., an approximation) for the same price most charge for 'normal' tubes (right now they have a buy three, get one free offer).

Barring that, Briley, Angleport, Rhino, etc. all make nice tubes...

I've bought numerous 'used' ones off of this site at great prices (Briley at average cost of about $30 a piece).

Food for thought,

David D

3. JTEA

JTEA Member

For my 682, I have been using a Comp-N-Choke .015 for singles. Works great. A friend recommeded using them and they throw an even, tight pattern. Perhaps even lower the recoil due to porting?

I have used Wright tubes for years, they have a solid annular ring. Will crush half a target if you are not spot on. Like taking a bite out of it.

Not all tubes are the same, nor are they meant to be. The designers have different approaches.

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I sell Comp-N-Chokes Ported extended tubes and Kick's Ported Extended Tubes.
    And a .640 Card shooters choke no returns or exchanges by Kick's.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. 700X-user

700X-user Member

I recently purchased a Briley Titanium extended choke from someone on this site. I bought this for by 682 Gold E unsingle barrel. This choke crushes the targets if I do my part. The only downside is that the tube does not work with my rubber gun rest with the magnet in it. The tube is IM and it works back to 25 yds.

Ed

6. front242

front242 Member

Ed,

Glad the tube worked out for you. Keep my "Rolex" offer in mind. The special "Mexican Titanium" tube that comes with that offer sticks to magnets much like steel...

:)

Front242
    Tim O.

7. 700X-user

700X-user Member

Tim,

You funny man!

Thanks again for the tube.

Ed

8. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

I would go with either Angleport or Wrights.

Dale,

9. oz

oz Active Member

I like the beretta chokes just fine. oz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

chokes for 682 gold e

what extended choke tubes are best for trap