1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Extended choke tubes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mo Bill, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mo Bill

Mo Bill Member

Wrights tubes in my BT 100 xtnd about 1 inch beyond the end of the barrel.
    Using them in an XT with 30 inch barrels makes a 31 inch barrel length.
    Is this enuf to tell any difference in swing speed(slower)..or..are
    barrel weights the answer?

Tnx for your input..

Mo Bill

2. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Mo Bill, Technically it will make a difference. In practice I doubt you would be able to tell the difference. I have Wright"s extended chokes (Series II) in my TM-1 and have not noticed any difference. BT's are notoriously light in front. A bbl weight may be your best bet. You could also add weight in the forgrip if you did not want it to show. I had my first BT-99 in 1974. Being a big guy it would swing way too fast for me. I now have a beautiful BT-99 Pigeon Leo's Special that I do not shoot for the same reason. I love the fancy wood, engraving, and gold inlays but if I can't shoot it well it will have to stay in the safe or put it up for sale. Marc

3. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I shoot a BT-99 with a 34" barrel and a Briley Lt. Full extended tube installed. If I were to pick up my Citori O/U Trap with 32" barrel and factory flush tubes in it and shot a round with it after I just shot a round with my BT-99 I cant tell any difference and my score doesn't reflect it either. I do this on a regular basis. The guns shoot pretty much the same spot. I don't do anything different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

do extended chock tubes add an inch to your effective bbl length

which choke tube do i have in a series 1 bt-99