1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Extended Choke Tubes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MX-15L, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MX-15L

MX-15L TS Member

I'm planning on going to the Grand, and was thinking of picking up an extended choke tube. It will go into a MX15-L that has flush choke tubes already.The bore is.035,any suggestions out there? Thanks.

2. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

An extended choke tube for a .035 bore...........I'd like to see one of those! Obviously, you mean a .735 bore. Now, what do you want to do with that extended choke tube? Shoot Trap Singles? Handicap? Do you want a ported choke tube? You need to give more information to get more information.

AndyH ;-)

3. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

Perhaps he means that the constriction of the tube he has is .035"?

Lister

4. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

You're guess is as good as any other!

AndyH ;-)

5. MX-15L

MX-15L TS Member

Sorry Guys, .735 is the bore. You're going to love this. I've picked-up two and one half yards since June 7th using the .033 choke, so why would I being looking for something else? In one of the past Grands I broke a 98X100 from the 25.5 yard line in the Perazzi Clasic. Now, being on the 27, I thought I might need a little more help. I thought maybe an extended choke, not ported. I hope this clears up some of my early morning call for help. Thank you.

6. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Seems to me you are doing quite well with what you have. Maybe just improve your practice sessions. An extended choke MAY or MAY NOT improve your shooting, but I believe that would mostly be up to you. If you believe it will help, then it probably will. Only when you pattern a new choke with your favorite loads will you know what IT can do. If you truly have faith in it after patterning, it will help you! Not all chokes are the same for a given constriction. I would suggest Seminole, as they will make a choke suited to your actual bore size. Angleport does the same. Good Luck!

AndyH ;-)

7. MX-15L

MX-15L TS Member

Thanks Andy. I "found" the choke that I broke the big score with, ready for this, .723 (.020) so it says on the choke, ported, and is a Angle Port Choke. I kept two chokes when I traded the gun, after winning the Perazzi Classic, at the 100th Grand American. The reason for the trade, there isn't enough space. Send me, if you want, your e-mail address and I'll tell you a story, it's still a dream.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
best carlson choke tubes for shooting grouse
choke tubes for trap shooting
extended choke tubes for shoting trap
extended choke tubes for trap shooting

extended trap choke tubes

trap extended chokes
why ported choke tubes for trap
why put on an extended chuck tube in trap shooting