1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Extended Choke Tube Options

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tom@eel, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom@eel

Tom@eel Member

Looking for a set of extended tubes for a MX-8 Special, 18.4 bore. The factory, flush chokes, (6,8,&10) seem to pattern with a concentration favoring the center, rather than more uniformly distributed. Spoke with Stu Wright about this and it appears that their design will provide whats needed. I'd like a little extra muzzle weight, so I'm leaning toward ss rather than Ti. So...Is this a good way to go? Any alternative suggestions?

Tom

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

First you may want to work on your flinching/studdering problem. Hit the submit button Once. They make a delete where you can remove all your repeats.

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Under where you typed your name "Tom", there should be a blue line of print which says "Edit/Delete my post" ... click on that line and follow the directions. Bill Malcolm

4. grntitan

You have to do each one individually. Go to the bottom of each post and it will say "edit/delete my post". Then delete all but one of them. Sorry if i sounded like an ass. Someone will answer your original question soon i'm sure. Its just one of my many pet peeves.

Matt

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Yeah, wait until you start flinching Matt and see how much fun it is. :)

6. grntitan

Bob--Your a little late on that one. Finally got tired of screwing with the so-called flinch fixes and had a release installed. I'm not sorry i did it either. So nice to shoot a round with misses not blamed on flinching.

Matt

7. Tom@eel

Tom@eel Member

This wasn't a flinch! I only flinch on Sundays. So..Now that I've learned something (I try to limit this for fear of brain farts), How 'bout some help here.

Tom

8. grntitan

Tom--i personally use almost exclusively Wrights chokes. I have never been able to tell a big difference weight wise from one choke material to another. I would suggest if its added weight your after that you try the add-on barrel weights such as these below. There are alot of different weights available and can be placed about anywhere under the barrel.---Matt

grntitan_2009_2503157.jpg

9. Tom@eel

Tom@eel Member

Thanks Matt, that's what I wanted to hear. Stu has done a fabulous reviving my old M-12 Trap guns, and if his chokes are any reflection, I'm sold. Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.