1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

***** EXPLODING TARGETS **********

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bills girl, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bills girl

Bills girl TS Member

Does anyone know where I can buy exploding targets?? Has anyone ever shot any of these? Thanks, Shelley

2. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I bought exploding stick on rifle targets / At 100 yds. not much to see.
    They destroy target and needs to be replaced. With big rifle the guns makes to much noise. Not sure why I bought them. I bought two packages. Shot 2 or 3. At this moment I do not no where they are. Likely safe place.You are likely thinking of exploding clay targets. Not sure were to get them. Good Luck.

Joe Woods/Ontario

3. d endicott

d endicott Member

I have shot them before and they are way to much fun. I will try to fine the web site for you. They are not cheap. I think they were $80.00 per 24 but as I said they are a lot of fun.

4. d endicott

d endicott Member

tannerite .com

5. Bills girl

Bills girl TS Member

Thank you very much !!! I really appreciate the great help and FAST replies! Shelley

6. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I think there are a few K-80's for sale....Oophs! Sorry! You said targets! Don't of any.

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I beleive I got mine through Midway Inc. You can find them on the net. When you get them fill a gallon jug with colored water stick the exploding target to the front of the jug them shoot it. It's a real howl.

8. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

how about exploding varmints. will that do?

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Tannerite, made by my good friend and hunting partner Dan Tanner.

10. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I believe that his website is down! I've tried to view 3 times to no avail.

ec90t

11. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

The web site is working as of 0730 EST 16 December but you need Apple Quicktime installed to see everything on it. You do NOT want that on a PC if you have a choice.

Morgan

12. bill1269

bill1269 TS Member

I purchased a case of them on E-bay about 6 month ago,before they changed their policy so I don't know if you still can.Local Sheriff sure don't like them,neither's they guy who run's the state range here.Oh well,you know what they say if they can't take a joke.

13. sweeper1

sweeper1 Member

We make flash targets for trap.We would load one target in a practice or prize shoot round and the person who hit it would get a bonus,be it another practice round on the club or a discount on the next prize shoot entry

Simply use a standard target and put a tablespoon of colored chalkline dust in the
    recess on the top of the target,spread out evenly and then cover with a piece of
    paper the same color as the target.We found that contact cement worked the best for fastening the paper.

The targets look the same,fly the same,but when you hit them you know they are not the same.

14. Bills girl

Bills girl TS Member

Thanks guys for all the help! Merry Christmas!!! Shelley

15. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Shelley: take a piece of cardboard and draw a circle around a target on it. Turn the target upside down and fill about 1/2 with baby powder. Push the cardboard up into the bottom of the target to hold the powder in. Flys great ( Heavier) and really puts out a cloud when hit! Don

16. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Those are way cool,,,,,range shut down here for sure if used.....Cool if could be made into clay targets.

17. d endicott

d endicott Member

center fire rifle is the only thing that will set them off.

18. trackerdan

trackerdan Member

A lot of great ideas here! Thanks everyone!

19. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

When I was a kid and worked at the local trap club (In Buffalo NY.) I used to take a few targets home and fill them with crushed charcoal briquettes then glue thin shirt cardboard to the bottom to hold it in. We had a few "favorite" shooters that we would set them for. Only in practice of course, we didn't want to incur too mucn wrath! They make a black smoke ball about the size of a small car! Very impressive if you get the right shooter who can center a target!

Merry Christmas!

Bob Schultz

20. Doubles Shooter

Doubles Shooter Member

Try gatlingguns.com.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.