Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

***** EXPLODING TARGETS **********

4K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  Doubles Shooter 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where I can buy exploding targets?? Has anyone ever shot any of these? Thanks, Shelley

#2 ·
I bought exploding stick on rifle targets / At 100 yds. not much to see.
They destroy target and needs to be replaced. With big rifle the guns makes to much noise. Not sure why I bought them. I bought two packages. Shot 2 or 3. At this moment I do not no where they are. Likely safe place.You are likely thinking of exploding clay targets. Not sure were to get them. Good Luck.

Joe Woods/Ontario

#13 ·
We make flash targets for trap.We would load one target in a practice or prize shoot round and the person who hit it would get a bonus,be it another practice round on the club or a discount on the next prize shoot entry

Simply use a standard target and put a tablespoon of colored chalkline dust in the
recess on the top of the target,spread out evenly and then cover with a piece of
paper the same color as the target.We found that contact cement worked the best for fastening the paper.

The targets look the same,fly the same,but when you hit them you know they are not the same.

#15 ·
Shelley: take a piece of cardboard and draw a circle around a target on it. Turn the target upside down and fill about 1/2 with baby powder. Push the cardboard up into the bottom of the target to hold the powder in. Flys great ( Heavier) and really puts out a cloud when hit! Don

#19 ·
When I was a kid and worked at the local trap club (In Buffalo NY.) I used to take a few targets home and fill them with crushed charcoal briquettes then glue thin shirt cardboard to the bottom to hold it in. We had a few "favorite" shooters that we would set them for. Only in practice of course, we didn't want to incur too mucn wrath! They make a black smoke ball about the size of a small car! Very impressive if you get the right shooter who can center a target!

Merry Christmas!

Bob Schultz

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.