1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Experiences dealing with duPont/Krieghoff?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kenf, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenf

kenf Active Member

Starting the process of gun upgrading and I'm leaning heavily towards a used (but like new) K80 Special. I have heard good things about the gang at Clay Target Sports, but wanted to hear from guys who've dealt with Hal duPont. Are prices reasonable for what is being sold? What about service after the sale in case something wasn't discovered right away. I haven't had a chance to look at the CG or Blaser yet, so they aren't out of the running yet.

2. Erik W

Erik W Member

Over the years, I have bought both new & used Kguns from duPont/Krieghoff. Last used gun I bought came with his 2 year warranty. Never had to use it, but was nice to have. They are very good people to deal with.

3. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

I have dealt with Hal and found him to be a straight up guy and the service was first class !

ernie

4. andybull

andybull Active Member

Hal is a man who takes care of his business.

Andy

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bought my first Krieghoff from Peter Jassoy who worked for Hal. Hal did get involved in the deal and I would not hesitate to buy from him again. After the grand in 91 he called me at home to see if was was still interested in a Crown grade that I was looking at. To make it short he sent me a $13,000 dollar gun to try because I was looking at it with some interest. Any guy that would do that has to be trustworthy being that trusting. Bulge.

6. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

First class folks in all respects.

7. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Another plus for Dupont. I bought a K-80 TS from them. Acutally I dealt with Pam Young before she went to Alamo Sporting (which is another great place to buy a K-80) with her husband Mike. Dupont is A-1. Dave T.

8. englishupland

englishupland Member

Subject: Nice dealings with Dupont Krieghoff
    Email:
    Date: Fri, Feb 19, 2010 - 02:36 PM ET
    Website Address:

I was at Dupont Krieghoff in Vero beach a couple weeks ago....What a great selection..I couldn't believe the amount of "story" engraved guns they had..Very cool...And the custom engraved Essencia...Lots of barrel and wood to choose from too...And yes, a zebra rug...

I spoke to Hal, but mainly dealt with Kemble....She was fantastic to deal with. Nice to have that kind of service after what I've experienced lately at various shops/restuarants ect..

Thanks Kemble for remembering the importance of quality service in todays mechanized economy, or lake thereof

9. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

Bought my first K80 Supre Scroll thru them...and financed it thru them too.

10. ramen39

ramen39 Member

At the grand last year (2009) I was looking at A new Kolar. I had A nice 90T with extra buttstock to trade and they only allowed me $1200.00 for it on trade. Didn't talk to Hal but I didn't feel they wanted to trade very bad. Down the line at Jaquas they beat the whole package by $900.00.
    Just my experience.
    Roy

11. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I haven't dealt with Hal DuPont for some time but I can tell you that Hal saved me quite a bit of money.

As may still be the case today, Hal sold Krieghoffs for full list price. Finding a lower price on the same gun was not difficult but Hal offered something that no other dealer did at the time - if you didn't like the gun or wanted to trade it in on another new Kreighoff, Hal would give you every cent you paid for it in trade.

In late 1989, I bought a K-80 unsingle combo with choke tubes in all barrels, adjustable comb and upgraded wood I picked out at Krieghoff International from Hal for $9,932. For whatever reason, I could not shoot the gun consistently well but could do that with a KS-5 I also had. Eighteen months later, I gave up on the K-80 and tried to trade it on a new Perazzi DB-81 combo at a Krieghoff/Perazzi dealer but couldn't afford to pay $2,100 plus my K-80 for a $7,600 gun. I then called Hal, who told me to ship it back to him.

When it arrived in Vero Beach, he called to tell me that his records showed that I had paid him $9,932 for the gun, which included $35 to ship it to me, so he was putting his check in the mail for the amount of $9,897. I might have paid $1,000 or so more for the K-80 when I bought it but the way I figure it, Hal saved me about $4,400 when I disposed of it.

But it wasn't a total loss for Hal - over the coming years, I bought four more new Krieghoffs from him. I bought two and got back every cent I paid for them when I traded them on two more. And I made money on those two when I sold them privately several years later.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
hal dupont
duepont kregoff shotguns
dupont guns

dupont krieghoff

dupont krieghoff shotguns

hal dupont

hal dupont krieghoff
hal dupont vero beach