1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Experience with PW Warranty Service?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sicsemper, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sicsemper

sicsemper TS Member

Curious on how anyone's experiences have been with PW warranty service. I was cranking away on my three month old 800+ this morning when the linkage driving gear for poweder and shot broke.

I'll be calling PW in the morning, but thought I'd see how previous interactions have gone. I'd hate to have to send the whole unit back or be without it for an extended time.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

send a private message to Whiz on here, he should have what you need and he will give good service

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

The shipping cost alone will break your piggy bank. Talk to someone on here who knows something- It's not that difficult a repair!!

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Contact Whiz White ... whiz@swsupply.com ... he can answer all your questions and is always a big help. Bill Malcolm

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT

6. plabels466

plabels466 Member

I have had nothing but several bad experience's with PW, but thanks to Whiz he has helped out immensely......Hope the new owners are better.....Good luck.....Pete

7. rea5339

rea5339 TS Member

Call PW, they will ship you a linkage at no cost.... tmaybe the new management can tell you why it is breaking, the old management sure could not. I broke 2 in less than 500 shells and they sent new ones each time.

8. sicsemper

sicsemper TS Member

Wow, thanks for all the swift and good suggestions. Sounds like Whiz is the go to guy for PW machines. I'll definitely have to get in touch with him.

I called PW and after a very quick conversation they said they would ship the replacement parts out at no charge. We'll see how it goes from here. Hope it doesn't take too long since I'm supposed to load up a bunch of shells for the family get together on Thanksgiving.

Thanks again for all the help!

Mark

9. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

You no doubt talked with Bruce at P/W. He is a very reasonable and friendly gentleman to deal with.

Jean retired in June or July.

When we were thinking about buying the company, not having Jean with us and the move to SD made the decision for us not to dwell on the purchase.

Tanya has replaced Jean, and she is a sweetheart also. Jean knew every single phase/operation of every machine. She was able to explain everything. Tanya will call you back if she can't get the answer to you immediately. She will be a great asset to the company.

Whiz

10. TjayE

TjayE Member

Whiz, Thanks for the info.

I did not know Jean had retired. I have dealt with Jean many times, over the telephone and at the GRAND in Vandalia. In fact, I recently bought a used P/W EX-ER-MATIC from Gary Riecke, and Jean (from P/W old files) sent me the "Instruction For The PONSMESS/WARREN EX-ER-MATIC"
    I have great respect for Jean and wish her a "Happy and Long retirement"

Tom Ezolt (PA)

11. sicsemper

sicsemper TS Member

Just an update here. The parts were shipped quickly along with detailed instructions on how to replace them. Got it all up and running in a couple of minutes.

Not sure what caused the break, but the service was swift and accurate. Nicely done, PW.

Thanks for all your help.

Mark

12. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

You know the eal issue is that the machine should not have broken being new. Fred

13. sicsemper

sicsemper TS Member

True, but things happen. I think the real measure of a company is not just the product they make but how well they stand behind it. In this case, they responded quickly and at no cost to me and helped to resolve the problem to my satisfaction. It would have been nice to not need service, but kudos to them for taking care of it well.

14. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Thanks for the kind words guys!

You will want to check the following to insure that future ones do not break.

With the handle in the ALL THE WAY BACK position with your right hand, take your left hand (a finger) and press the top to the link as it protrudes up and through the top toolhead. You should "feel" a bit of play - the link should NOT rest tighly againt the rear opening slot in the top toolhead.

If there is not play, then three thing need adjusting in proper order. Rather than go on-and-on here, I have a file that I can email that explains the procedure.

These links are designed to BREAK and not bend. When installing a new one, remove the top toolhead Allenhead 3/16" bolt (B) holding the knockout shaft in place. Loosen it a bit, tap it down, repeat until the knockout is down (remove the "e" clip holding the lower link).

The two small 1/8" Allenhead screws (C) MUST be tight when the new link is installed. I recommend Blue Loctite. Also, inspect the hex shaft for wear.

[​IMG]

Whiz White

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.