1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Experience with Muller chokes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 12ShotTwo, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

Thinking of using Muller chokes for my doubles gun instead of the extend steel. I was thinking this will lighten up my 30" barrels. Does anybody have any experience with this. Thanks Joe

2. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Joe, I Started Using Muller chokes About Mid-season last year. I Think they Are GREAT!!!!!! Joe W.

3. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I found them to be no better than any other choke. I have tried most of them and the best choke I have found is a Kick's "smoke" extended chokes. I know several people who use them in all different kinds of guns with same results.

4. chipking

chipking TS Member

I didn't like them. The only part of their exaggerated claims from their website that I ever found to be true was the light weight. So if you think that 1oz less on the end of your 30 inch barrels is the answer for you then by all means buy them. Just don't expect them to produce those MAGIC "do it all" patterns or stay cleaner.

--- Chip King ---

5. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I've patterned them against several different quality extended chokes & really couldn't tell much difference between any of them. Therefore, I will use the one that never loosens up & does not require anything special to keep clean.......I will use the Muller.

6. T-C Joe

T-C Joe TS Member

I'm going to try them out. I placed an order on the 17th and today, the 19th I got my choke in the mail. Haven't patterned them yet but I was really pleased with how fast they shipped. Hopefully they work out.

7. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

In March of last yr. several of us at the Greater Houston Gun Club patterned the Muller U3 and U4 against comparable constrictions of Briley, Pure Gold and Compnchoke @ 40 yds. The Muellers ran away with the race with tighter and better distribution within the 30" circle. That's the good news.

Now, for the rest of the story, a U3 and a U4 became swollen and would not fit back into the muzzle after about 4 mos. use. Returned them for replacements - never received them - phone calls, emails, etc. but no response. They are light-weight and they do stay tight in the gun and they are easy to clean. I liked the performance of the chokes so much that I am now going through a shooter that is being sponsored by Mueller to resolve the issues. FWIW

8. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I have a U2 Moble that has swollen also will not fit in the barrel of standard bore barrels will try to see them at the Seminole cup and get a new one.

9. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Buddy is also sponsored by Mueller and got me to get a set for my CG since I had to buy chokes anyways.

Patterns are far more consistent/tighter than the factory CG tubes, but nothing you oculdn't get out of a good set of aftermarkets. One barrel stays tight, the other does not with my U1's.

They do stay VERY clean, which is reason enough to run them in my book.

10. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

I dont think you`ll save more than 2 ounces in this conversion.

11. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

Thanks for info everbody. To get a feel for the light weight chokes I took 1 of the extended steel chokes out and dry fired on my wall chart. There is noticable difference to me. I would like to know more about the swelling problem, how does this happen? moisture, oils??? Joe

12. chipking

chipking TS Member

12ShotTwo the simple answer to the swelling is that the materials used are not capable of handling the pressures they are being subjected to coupled with the varying dimensions of the guns they are used in. This was an issue with the very first Muller tube (in a friends gun) that I ever encountered. When he returned it he was offered a set of 4 free because of the issue and he turned them down.

--- Chip King ---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

muller choke constrictions chart

muller chokes chart

muller chokes constriction chart