1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

¿ Experience with B&P 24gm wads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goatskin, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

I think the p/n is 2ZMH24? Does anybody have any experience, thoughts and, possibly, load-data?

Thanks,

Bob

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

Have used the B&P T2 wad for 24 GM loads for years. Its great. Load in a Cheddite type hull with Clays and a Noble Sport Primer. Reluctant to share actual load data on this forum due to liability questions. Suggest you start at about 18 gr and move up till you get the performance you desire.

TB

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Fine wad for bunker.. and pushed properly will shoot fine well beyond 20 yards..if properly choked.. Again.. 19.6 Promo.. Federal throw away case.. Win. 209 primer 1300 fps 8800psi

4. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

I'd agree with TBaber except that I load mine in STS/Premier hulls with Winchester primers - old-style AA's take the same load. New AA's won't work as the internal basewad comes up too high.

But I love the T2 and won't shoot anything else in 12 Gauge.

Tony

5. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

I think the p/n is 2ZMH24? Does anybody have any experience, thoughts and, possibly, load-data?

Thanks,

Bob

6. Baber

Baber TS Member

Have used the B&P T2 wad for 24 GM loads for years. Its great. Load in a Cheddite type hull with Clays and a Noble Sport Primer. Reluctant to share actual load data on this forum due to liability questions. Suggest you start at about 18 gr and move up till you get the performance you desire.

TB

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Fine wad for bunker.. and pushed properly will shoot fine well beyond 20 yards..if properly choked.. Again.. 19.6 Promo.. Federal throw away case.. Win. 209 primer 1300 fps 8800psi

8. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

I'd agree with TBaber except that I load mine in STS/Premier hulls with Winchester primers - old-style AA's take the same load. New AA's won't work as the internal basewad comes up too high.

But I love the T2 and won't shoot anything else in 12 Gauge.

Tony

9. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Is 'Lightning' what BPI calls the B&P T-2 7/8oz wad?

Does PR or Grafs carry it?

Where is a better (cheaper) source?

How does it load in Fed or Cheddite papers? ... a little 'spongier'?

Bob

10. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Ballistic Products sells them.. Not cheap..but excellent wads.. I've found the DRXL-1 or XXL to also do a fine job.. The Nobel 1 oz. wad is inexpensive and has given me great results too.. For what the B&P wads cost.. I can use a 12SO3 wad with fiber filler for really great long range results..

11. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

Goatskin, PR sells the wad as the T2. BP sells it as the 078 Lightning. Graf's does not show them on its website. The last time I looked, PR was slightly less expensive than BP. The first time I ordered a case from BP< I got a large box with 5000 loose wads in it - quite distressing when I opened it.

Never tried loading it in paper shells, or in any Federals or Cheddites. My ony experience has been in Remingtons and old AA's.

Tony

12. BunkerGuy

BunkerGuy TS Member

24 gram Euro wad quick summary:

Load data is available from Ballistic Products. They have a booklet: 7th edition, "high Performance Loads for Clays" that lists loads for both B&P and Gualandi wads. Yes, you'll really have to pay for it. $12? Hodgdon's web site offers (free!)data as well. Precision will give a few suggestions. Remember, if you use 24 grams of shot in place of 7/8 oz in a 7/8 oz recipe, the velocity will run about 20'/s higher.

The T2 is the longest wad and best crimps come with the denser powders like Nitro 100 or HS-700X. The Gualandi REX isn't as picky; more universal. The now-available shorter Helarco VP5 -- substantially cheaper at this time -- likes bulky powders as Red Dot or Clays for best crimps (Free loading data on BP's website). I use Fiocchi or Cheddite cases.

I find the T2 thumpier than the REX. A-B patterning shows the T2 tends towards slightly tighter, but less uniform, patterns than the REX. But I also find the T2 is the easiest to pick up and stuff into the wad guide: I always have to double-check the REX to be sure I have the shot cup up. The REX is the most efficient wad: you'll probably use less powder for a given velocity. The T2 and VP5 are close in efficiency.

- - Bill

13. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

a) I am bi-ignorant?

b) Pure whimsy?

c) 'Foist ya'gotta gettum into't tent.' Phineas T. Barnham

d) all of the above

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

b&p t2 wads