1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Experience with B.C.MIROKU-DALY Model 500

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Old Cowboy, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I've got one in 20 gauge, 26" bbls. Quick handling little field gun, choked IC & Mod. Can't think of any "issues" with it altho' a field gun doesn't get shot nearly as much as a target gun?

John C. Saubak

2. hdskip

hdskip Member

Have one with 28" barrels. Shot a lot of dove loads thru it and a lot fairly heavy waterfowl loads also. Never any problems. Can't see why a shooting target loads would hurt it. Yep it's not a K, B, or P gun but it's a well made firearm.

Gary

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Shoot it a bit like it is. If you still like the gun, then have it tubed. I shoot quite a bit of sporting clays and rarely use any choke tighter than LM.

ss

4. Church Key

Church Key TS Member

I've got the same gun that I use occasionally for Cowboy Action Shooting. It is also a 30". Was going to cut it, but cannot bring myself to do so as it's just too nice. Mine had some rust in the internal action which was discovered by my gunsmith when I had him lighten the triggers. He cleaned it up and did the triggers for $75;it works fine. These cost about 1/2 the BSS price and are basically the same gun. I believe that they are one of the best buys out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.