1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire.....????...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by halfmile, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Green Bay Wisconsin
    Planning a Vegas trip, just air & Hotel. Looking for the best deal. I know there are other services, and ways to get good prices.

Let me hear them.

2. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Hanford, CA
    I've used them all. Sometimes you can get better deals by going directly on- line to the airline, hotel, car rental company, etc. You need to compare.

Cheaptickets.com has good deals sometimes. I remember reading the best time of the week to book tickets is Tuesday.

Hope this helps...hornet
  3. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Book flights early and directly with the carrier. If you do go through a discounter, be sure that the e-confirmation number is directly from the carrier. Verify it online to avoid nasty surprises at check-in.

Book rooms directly also. I’ve witnessed a number of travelers try to check in to a hotel, only to find that the discounter’s reservation was never received. Again, if you go through a discounter, call the LOCAL hotel number and verify your reservation.

Vegas is a destination that one can typically benefit by using one of the larger travel agencies that benefit by block and group rate discounts.

Good luck.
  4. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Dec 18, 2006
    go to Farecast.com. It will check all of them at the same time. It will also give you a prediction of whether you should wait to buy or buy now because of trends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.