1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Expect Ammo and Component Shortages

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Coach, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Got this from Grafs today. Take it for what it is worth. Buy your stuff now.

2. APrice

APrice Active Member

Rushing out to stock up sort of makes it a self-fulfilling prophecy doesn't it Coach?

3. Claydotter

Claydotter Active Member

Yes , Let`s create a totally unwarranted Panic.

I didn`t like the last one, but my local gun shop sure did! Sales were up a minimum of 40%.

Regards, Pete

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

The real crazy thing is that most of the hoarders from 2008 still have most of the stuff they stocked up on back then and yet they are probably on a buying frezy right now.

But you do have to give Mr. Obama a lot of credit for stimuating the mostly made in USA industry of firearms and ammunition.

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Anything to drum up sales...even if its through paranoia

6. Shooting Coach

I am not trying to cause anything. I like to shoot, and do not want to quit shooting because I cannot find ammo or components.

I worked at a gun shop after the last election. It was a full time job trying to get ANYTHING to put on the shelves. Many calibers and gauges were simply unavailable for an extended period of time.

Often, we could not sell what few guns we could get because we had no ammo for them.

Don't shoot the messenger, guys. The shooting season is upon us. Time to buy ammo and components regardless.

7. APrice

APrice Active Member

"I like to shoot, and do not want to quit shooting because I cannot find ammo or components."

But you wouldn't mind another shooter not finding supplies because you over bought in anticipation of a shortage? Just part of the prevailing philosophy of the day I suppose.

8. Shooting Coach

Actually, I have not stocked up or "overbought". I bought 1000 bullets for a new pistol, and that is about it for this year.

With my new work schedule, I will not be able to shoot much at all this season. I get paid to watch over and train new shooters, and help other folks shoot and shoot safely.

I want them to be able to shoot, Aprice. I even want YOU to be able to shoot.

9. APrice

APrice Active Member

Thanks Coach!

10. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

I saw a fellow pay $650.00 for two stripped lowers during the last buying frenzy... I imagine there are more than a few people that are suffering buyer's remorse. Although if the panic happens again, maybe those who got raped a three years ago can recoup some costs.

11. fordtough

fordtough Member

dec 2011, jan and feb 2012 have been the highest amount of nics checks ever..for those months..i have customers wanting black rifles and they are sold out at all the wholesalers..the scare is going on quietly now..ammo is no problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.