1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Expand civilian marksmanship

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by trapperwads, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Lets lobby to get our representatives to expand the civilian marksmanship program. I propose that any bill to create funding for the military should include a program where military weapons are given to volunteers who pass a background check and receive training at army posts or national guard armories. These weapons will be kept in the homes of those volunteers. If our military is downsized...this program will provide national security to the nation as an auxilliary force ready at a moments notice. The background check will insure there are no felons, mentally unstable and gangbangers. Cost is minimal because the weapons are surplus, the national guard already trains weekends and/or one night a week. There will be no trigger locks but combination locks with combination given to the volunteer recipient. Technology already exists where a gun can only be fired by the owner because of reading the palm of that individual not anyone else. This of course would be further down the line following the combination locks. Some countries already issue weapons to civilians in event of foreign invasion. We need to contact our state rifle and pistol associations and the NRA to lobby representatives in our states and Washington to attach this proposal to any and all bills regarding downsizing of the US Military. How could anyone who loves this country argue with this proposal and anyone who does should be suspect as to what their motives really are? ed nichols

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I was told that at one time inorder to get federal funding to build a school it had to have an indoor rifle range. This was to promote civilian marksmanship training. HMB

3. trapperwads

When I went to high school there was a rifle club. In addition several senior boys who parked their cars on campus all had rifles or shotguns for after class hunting of rabbits or pheasants. AND THERE WERE NO SCHOOL SHOOTINGS! It was unheard of. Of course there were two parent families, no video games and very rarely violence filled movies. If you did something wrong you were punished by schoolteachers or parents. You were taught respect and right from wrong. No one who told your parents how to raise their children or that spanking would traumitize or affect their mentality. ed nichols

4. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

5. trapperwads

Thanks for the picture ImpalaBob...I bet there were no shootings at the school you went to either. ed

6. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I went to Brooklyn Tech, used to carry my rifle on the subway to meets.

Phil Berkowitz

7. trapperwads

8. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

Carrying rifles to school and nobody dealing dope in the parking lot either.

9. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Have we forgotten who and what party dismantled the former DCMP!!

Remember ole Teddy and his scrap metal contractors.

We all know what party he was a member of!

His car killed more people then any of my guns!!

10. Beni

Beni Member

Do we still have a cmp beni

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.