1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Exit from Florida July 1, 2912

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by porky, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. porky

porky TS Member

Here's something juat sent to me. I haven't investigated it, but I'm sure that any Floridians on here can vouch for or deny the new law.

Exit from Florida July 1, 2012

Tennessee and Oklahoma have supposed to have passed it as well!!!

GREAT GOING FLORIDA...

ALL States Need This, Especially CALIFORNIA !!!

THIS IS FOR REAL...LAW GOES INTO EFFECT JULY 1st !!!
    It's about time!!!

HERE WE GO!!!

Great going, Florida . You set the stage for the other States to join!

Kudos to Republican Governor Rick Scott for having the correctness and guts
    to move forward on this critical issue!

I-95 will be jammed for the next month or so...Druggies and deadbeats
    heading North out of Florida ..
    Florida is the first state requiring drug testing to receive welfare!

In signing the new law, Republican Gov. Rick Scott said, "If Floridians want
    welfare, they better make sure they are drug-free. Applicants who test positive for illicit substances won't be eligible for the funds for a year, or until they undergo treatment. Those who fail a second time would be banned from receiving funds for three years!

Naturally, a few people are crying this is unconstitutional.

It's completely legal that every other working people have to pass drug
    tests in order to get a J-O-B which supports those on welfare! And others are required to submit to random drug testing.

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

It should be done nation wide

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I think the courts put a stop to it...

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

They tried to stop this once, and Florida re-wrote the law to make it constitutional.

ss

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

This has been all over the news for the last 6 weeks or so. 2%, really? Costs more than it saves.

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Pennsylvania recently passed a similar bill. Mike.

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

"This has been all over the news for the last 6 weeks or so. 2%, really? Costs more than it saves"

Really? Then you can foot the bill!

ss

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I keep hearing the liberals claim that only 2% of welfare recipients are on drugs. That figure is suspiciously low. Since liberals eggaggerate most things by at least a factor of 10, it suggests the problem is at least 20%.

9. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

"This has been all over the news for the last 6 weeks or so. 2%, really? Costs more than it saves"

Really? Then you can foot the bill!

ss

If I had your money, I could!!! lol

10. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Libs are creative with statistics when deceiving the public. Take for example, "child victims of firearms violence".

The public perception of a 'child victim' is the innocent four year old hit by a stray bullet while playing in the front yard. Libs OTOH, include all street gang members participating in drive-by hits and other shootings as "child victims". I suppose 'child victims' sounds better than 'teenage criminal turds' if your agenda is confiscating guns.

Likewise, for purposes of drug testing 'welfare recipients' there is at least two ways to do the calculation. Take for example, one drug abusing unwed mother with six kids under ten years of age.

Most of us would focus on the adults in the households in whose name the welfare benefits are dispersed. For purposes of drug testing we wouldn't include small children in the calculation. Libs however, would add the six little kids to their drug abusing mother and conclude 86% of the welfare recipients in this household don't abuse drugs.

As an aside, I'm willing to bet 2% is bullsh!t no matter how it is calculated. Even if one intentionally understates the percentage of drug abusing welfare recipients by including little kids and senior citizens with drug abusing heads of households, it wouldn't dilute the numbers down to 2%.

sissy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.