1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Exercising the demons out of a shotgun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by short shucker, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I've got a 682 that refuses to post a good score. The stock measures out no more than 1/8" different, in any aspect, of my go to 682. The trigger pull is within a 1/4 lb pull of my go to gun. The bores are within a couple of thousanths and the POI is right there where it should be. No body else can post a good score with it either.

It will tease me from time to time, by letting me run a couple of three stations then everything goes to hell in a handbasket.

I have no intentions on selling this one, but there has to be a way of exercising the demons out of this gun and letting some good karma in. I can't be the only one out there with this same predicament.

ss

2. Trussman2

Trussman2 Active Member

shucker........I think all of my trap guns fit your description........

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I have performed 'faith healing' miracles on many guns with a specialty in M1911 raceguns. Just send me $500 and I'll put the whammy on that sucker right now!

This is quite a bargain, some guys on here charge much more.

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I think I'm to old to exercise the demons out, but if you send me the gun, I have preformed many successful shotgun exorcisms. Wayne

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Demon's are between your ears in the form of brain farts, take an ear plug out from time to time to let the gas escape before you get bad breath ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

You may "Exercise" as much as you wish, but you may want to try this instead (see below):

Exorcism (from Late Latin exorcismus, from Greek exorkizein - to abjure) is the practice of evicting

demons or other spiritual entities from a person or place which they are believed to have possessed.

The practice is quite ancient and part of the belief system of many cultures.

In Christian practice the person performing the exorcism, known as an exorcist, is often a member of

the church, or an individual thought to be graced with special powers or skills. The exorcist may use

prayers, and religious material, such as set formulas, gestures, symbols, icons, amulets, etc. The

exorcist often invokes God, Jesus and/or several different angels and archangels to intervene with the

exorcism. Exorcism is primarily associated with the Catholic Church, although non-Catholic Christians

also claim to perform exorcisms.

In general, possessed persons are not regarded as evil in themselves, nor wholly responsible for their

actions. Therefore, practitioners regard exorcism as more of a cure than a punishment. The mainstream

rituals usually take this into account, making sure that there is no violence to the possessed, only that

they be tied down if there is potential for violence.

Curt

As a side note, I had my 682 Gold E "Exorcised" in 2005 by a heretic Buddist Monk. I promptly won the handicap and all-around at my state shoot.

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

If you hold a smidge lower, the birds will break.

8. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

MIA,

I don't think I can hold the gun any lower. I generally low gun my sporting clays stations unless it's one of those at your feet speedy birds.

I think maybe I'll burn some incense and chant some latin in my gunroom this evening.

ss

9. paul e. stark

paul e. stark TS Member

Calling Dr. Longshot

10. yobyllib

yobyllib TS Member

Youre gonna have to get rid of it.
    Or else,buy a new shotgun.
    You can use this one as a lightning rod for "the curse".
    You will always compare it to old betsy.
    Its cursed because its something when you bought it,you knew it in your subconscious.It wasnt a magic purchase,like if it was your first Perazzi and you drove to Giacomo to get it you know it isnt the gun for sure.

11. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

If it is an O/U put it on paper. Some of the Beretta O/U 682's shot more like 40/60 tham 60/40.

12. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Hoosier Daddy,

The poi on both barrels is right there 55/45. I have 6 Beretta O/U's none of them suffer from the so called POI issues. I've had three others that shot like they were supposed to aswell.

I even put it in the hands of a "Master" class shooter (he didn't know any of the guns history)and he struggled with a 74/100. This was after going 25/25 on the skeet field getting used to the gun.

ss

13. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

ss, do all the barrels shoot to the same spot? Did you check? Do all of the chokes? On my 682 Gold E combo, none of the barrels shot to the same POI and only 2 out of 6 chokes did. It was a nightmare until I got it sorted out (almost).

14. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It's obvious what is going on here. You are trying to shoot trap with a skeet gun. Use it for skeet and everything will be fine. HMB

15. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Maybe it's target presentation. For three traps you didn't have any that fooled you. On one trap you had several. Ever shoot a round without a single hard angle?

16. snapthecat

snapthecat TS Member

Shortshucker:
    Having been through what you are experiencing, I feel I can help you by explaining (scientifically) what is going on with your guns.
    You see, the rotation of the earth coupled with the magnetic field pull on the barrels have conspired to change the dynamics of your guns. This would not normally mean a difference in behavior from one gun to the next, however, these forces work in different ways at different times. And these times/acts are completely random. Therefore it is completely and utterly impossible to predict when these acts are going to take place. There may be the possibility of hope for this problem. I have today applied for a government grant to study this phenomenon. I have asked for one half the amount allotted to Pello..peloshix..Pellagras study of swamp rats in her California district. I expect to be hearing from this request soon, whereupon I shall with all haste proceed to purchase all the survival supplies needed to go undercover for an extended period of time to do my research. I will keep youns posted

17. hopper810

hopper810 Member

if you want you can ship it to me,and i'll shoot ALL the misses out of it.it may take a year or more but i'll get um all out for ya.

18. Bosco

Bosco TS Member

Put it in a dark closet for a couple of weeks as punishment.
    It may help.
    Mike U

19. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

grnberetcj&EE,

The fact that I've been trying to work the demons out of my 682 would denote the use of the word EXERCISING. Since this has proved to be fruitless, an EXORCISING of the demons may have to take place.

Bosco,

Won't that get me fired?

ss

20. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Ship the gun to me, I have the perfect Exorcising for your gun. It is a cross between the one on M.A.S.H. where the lady exorised the demons out of the property, buildings and the old man. and the Movie the Exorist with Linda Blair. Its worked many a time in the past, and your gun will shoot nothing but l00's after this is performed. Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.