1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Excellent Work from Tron (pics)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CalvinMD, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Hi guys,..wanted to share with you the super excellent work that Joe Bowles (aka our very own Tron)did on my Caesar G Maxum buttstock...to summarize, he 1)trimmed the wood to shorten and correct the pitch that was botched by the previous wood man..2)he inserted the brass thread inserts and counterbored the stocks bolt hole to fit the Guerini DTS inertia recoil unit in the now shorter wood 3) He modified the DTS unit to accomodate the shorter space it would be residing 4) He fitted my Jones adjuster unit and finished it in a very rich looking bronze metallic powdercoat finish to give me all the adjustment I needed for the new kickeez pad...The following substandard phone pics don't even come close to doing justice to the quality of work,..and even though more work was needed to undo the previous badly done job he didn't charge me an extra red cent from his initial very reasonable price quote, and the turnaround time was less than a week from the time I shipped until it arrived back here at my door (4 days worth of transit both ways total...so I hope from this you can tell who will be getting all my wood work and recommendations from now on!!! Awesome job Joe and Thank You!
    calvinmd_2008_0303144.jpg

calvinmd_2008_0303145.jpg

2. CalvinMD

Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics...guess I need to really use my camera rotting away in my closet...comments welcome

3. APrice

APrice Active Member

Joe's the best!

4. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Tron does it again......

Jerbear

5. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Nice job Joe.
    Steve Balistreri

6. revbook

revbook Member

That powdercoat finish is awesome!

Don in PA

7. CalvinMD

It sure is Don...my lousy pics don't come close to doing it justice...it really "pops" with the hues and figure in the wood..the work was absolute perfection and stands as confirmation that Joe takes fanatical pride in his work..it wont leave his shop less than the best that can be done

8. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Looks great....

9. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Nice job Tron!

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Cmon guys, your givin ole Joe a big head again and you all know Kitty does the work!

11. CalvinMD

I think Kitty is just handling the accounting work...there was an ink paw print on my receipt : ))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.