1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Excellent Stock Work!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blackfoot, May 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

I just received my K80 stock & forearm that I had refinished.I dropped my gun and screwed up the finish w/ numerous dings( including checkering) etc.

The finish work is just beautiful- it came back better than factory new.I cannot tell it from new: in fact it was a high grade factory stock and it is even a higher grade now with more grade/color showing.

The price was about 25% of what Krieghoff factory quoted me and was completed inless time than quoted(4-6 weeks).

Thank You Rod,you are a Master!

Rod Stumbo
    108 McKinley Place
    Shelby OH 44875
    419/4347-6403

rodscustomstocks@yahoo.com

2. andybull

andybull Well-Known Member

3. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Blackfoot. Take a pic of that stock and send it to me. I'll post it for you. And thanks for the info on Rod. and leave this thread up as an archive on TS. We need references like this. I have "ground gun" story too...

About 4 years ago I bought a pretty little TMX. Right here on good ole "TS.com"
    When it arrived I noticed that it had some "flaws". The stock was short and the number did not match. And the forend was a seemingly high grade than what the era usuallly produced. The iron had a ding in the edge. It had tipped up Briley's and they patterned very sparse in the upper half. But the seller and I came to an agreement and I took to fixing it up. But then the rib came loose. Seems the glue they used was the temporary variety. So, all these problems led me to deduce that the gun must have been disassembled and on the guys tailgate and he proceeded to have too many celebratory toddies and drove off and the gun hit the gravel in pieces. Hence the repairs and changes. I did fix that little gun up and here it is (by golly)
    [​IMG]
    I do not see the finished gun right now. perhaps will find it later
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.