1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Excellent MEC Service

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

After all the thinking, calculating, and shopping, I decided to buy a NEW MEC 9000HN. I had a few problems that I'm certain I caused. I contacted MEC by email and Ron from their service department got back to me in well under an hour. His written help got things working, but I still had something I couldn't handle - moving that heavy center spring up and locking it in place. When I tried I made a mess of the index spring - but I saved the ball bearing (big whoop).

Ron offered to send a call tag so they could make repairs for me. I resisted at first then gave in on January 29. The UPS tag arrived on Jan 31 and I slapped it on the box I had ready. Our UPS guy picked it up last Thursday. The repaired loader arrived back at my office today, February 6, six days from the day I sent it off. I checked and they didn't swap out a new one on me. They actually repaired and tested my original loader.

I unpacked it today, hooked up the hydraulic, locked the bar, and started making empty shells. All systems function well. I put the powder and shot bottles on and made a few real rounds. Of course, I spilled shot and powder as I got going. This time I cleaned up before proceeding. I'm making 3/4 ounce 12 gauge and need to adjust the crimp a little - too deep.

MEC is affordable and it works well if the user doesn't make dumb mistakes like spilling shot and not cleaning it up thoroughly. The service is excellent and they truly try to help you get the most from your loader. I am still in shock that my loader traveled to the factory and back to me in six days, two of which were the weekend.

I owe a big THANK YOU to MEC and, especially Ron, in the service department.

I must also note that the hydraulic unit is not noisy or messy.

Larry Frieders |

Grandpa's Arms, Inc. |

340 Marshall Ave #100 | Aurora, IL 60506 |
    Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm |
    Office: 630.859.0333 Cell: 630.992.7513 FAX: 630.859.0114

2. slick50

slick50 Member

Its not against the law yet to reload and have powder and primers in Illinois ??? LOL Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap shooting quartering shots