1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Excel Spreadsheet for Lewis Class

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jptrapshooter, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jptrapshooter

jptrapshooter Member

Hey folks,

I haven't posted here in a while, but I thought maybe some of you might be able to use my latest monster. It is an Excel spreadsheet to figure a simple three class Lewis.

On the first sheet you need to enter a value (any value 1,y,n,x) in the left LEW column, to indicate if the shooter is playing the purse. You then enter all shooters' first and last names in the appropriate columns. You then enter the scores for each round in the appropriate columns.

On the second sheet (the tab on the bottom named LEWIS PAYOUT) you simply enter the amount you are charging for the option in the cell next to "lewis cost". It is at 5 right now.

The spreadsheet will calculate the winning scores and return the names and dollar amounts of the winners on the second sheet. It is an even money division with 1 place in each of 3 classes.

I have tested this on quite a few scenarios. It has come back correct every time, but it is new.

You can download the sheet at www.cwtatrap.com/lewis

Thanks,

Jake

2. b525

b525 TS Member

Can some one tell me how Lewis works......I see it at several ATA events.

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

B 525 ...

Basic Lewis Class:

When all the shooting has been completed, the scores are listed in numerical order from the highest to the lowest. They are then divided into as many groups as there are classes. For example, if there were 30 entries and 5 classes, there would be 6 scores in each class. The highest score in each class would then be the winner.

See the link above for other "options". Bill Malcolm

4. jptrapshooter

jptrapshooter Member

It most certainly does. All basic lewis rules are accounted for. I wouldn't have any use for it if it didn't. That stuff was the tricky part.

5. jptrapshooter

jptrapshooter Member

1100 nut,

if you need any other options or customizing added let me know (including category trophies). 50's, 25's, and HighGun are a piece of cake compared to the Lewis.

6. b525

b525 TS Member

Thanks for the response for info on Lewis.........clears up things a whole lot.

7. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Thanks, Ray.......

8. ras

ras TS Member

Do you have an excel spreadsheet for tracking scores and averages?

Thanks

Ralph

9. darwinbene

darwinbene Member

jptrap, thanks for the spreadsheet. I will try it at our next shoot in April.
    Darwin

10. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

It asks me to unprotect, tools>protection. I did, it asked for a password, I put mine in and it said incorrect. What now?

11. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

If you follow the instructions provided by Jake, above, you should have no need to "unprotect" anything. My guess is you tried to put something in column "J." The indication as to whether someone played the Lewis needs to go in column "B" instead.

12. jptrapshooter

jptrapshooter Member

ras

Are you looking for something to track your own averages, or those of multiple shooters in a league setting?

13. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

That is a nice spreadsheet, but what about 2nd or 3rd in each class?? Is there a way of doing that too??
    Don

14. jptrapshooter

jptrapshooter Member

The sheet has been updated. The cell on the second sheet to enter the amount for the option is now blue. The cells on the first sheet where you enter whether or not a shooter is playing the option are also blue. Remember, do not enter ANY value in the LEW column on the first sheet if the shooter is not playing the Lewis.

15. jptrapshooter

jptrapshooter Member

rennerize,

There is definitely a way to do that, but I stuck with a simple example for now.

16. 320090T

AAAaaaaarrrggg, thanks V10, I am so stupid. Works now!

17. Mac V

Mac V Guest

Curious about why all the "amount" boxes on the payout page have "Err:502" in them?

Mike

18. jptrapshooter

jptrapshooter Member

What version of Excel are you running? Perhaps there are some formulas that won't translate to an older version. I'm running Office 2003.

19. 320090T

I'm running Office 2000 and it works fine on mine, finally

20. Mac V

Mac V Guest

That might be it...I'm using the newest version of Open Office which is supposed to take the place of both MSWord and Excel.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
lewis class

lewis class scoring system

lewis class system spreadsheet

lewis class trap shoot spreadsheet
lewis scoring system
scoring system for lewis class
spreadsheets for trapshooting
trap shooting lewis class