1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

EX Wife

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by OLD ONE EYE, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Tim decided to tie the knot with his long time girlfriend. One evening, after the honeymoon, he was cleaning hisgun for his Saturday shoot.

His wife was standing at the bench watching him. After a long period of silence she finally speaks.

Honey, I've been thinking, now that we are married I think it's time you quit shooting so much
    Maybe you should sell your guns and cancel your membership at the club.

Tim gets this horrified look on his face.

She says, "Darling, what's wrong?"

"There for a minute you were sounding like my ex-wife."

"Ex wife!", she screams, "I didn't know you were married before!"

"I wasn't "

2. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Is that how you ended up with one eye??

3. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

If anybody on here says that to their "Old Lady" we will probably find them lying on the street somewhere all twisted up.

A.K.A. Beetle Bailey after a Sarge attack. ROFLMAO

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

RWT - that was frickin funny

5. cotrshooter

cotrshooter Member

Not funny. It happened to me and she is a EX-WIFE

6. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

One of the points of contention between my now EXwife and I was the time I wanted to spend hunting-fishing-shooting.

As with all the other point of disagreement the only way to settle them was to give up something I do, have done or wanted to do, or move on.

Somethings you just don't give up!

Al

7. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I suggested to my wife instead of shooting so much, I could sell my old gun and we'll spend the weekends having wild sex! She bought me a new gun for Christmas.

8. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

My fist date with my ex was shooting pistols. You'd think she knew what she was getting into...

Later on, you guessed it, she decided she hated guns (hence the 'ex').

Now I hear she wants to buy an AR for home defense... Recently she said to our son when seeing a 44 mag on TV, "I want one of those - that's bad ass..."

Go figure.

9. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I had a wife who threatened me with divorce when I suggested going up to the cabin with the guys and spending more time hunting.

Haven't seen my ex more than a few times in years!!

10. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Guess I'm just lucky, 51 years with the same beautiful gal. (almost lost her to cancer 3 years ago) Proves the old adage that even a stupid--nit wit like me can fall in the outhouse & crawl out smelling like a rose. Ross Puls

11. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I guess that I'm one of the lucky ones too. Very happily married for 53 years and never a complaint about any of my hobbies. As a matter of fact, she gives me nothing but encouragement.

Ed Yanchok

12. 1oz

1oz Member

i musta did something right in life my wife tags along she doesn't hunt but she goes along helps me setup i long range groundhog hunt .She helps level the shooting table then the rest sometimes she will pull out the Gevoids and look for groundhogs but she will not shoot them .Normally she sets there and reads a book or the phone computer .When i'm getting ready to shoot I let her know then she goes and comfirms the kill. Will sometimes I'll hear way over there and I'll smile yep its good exercise . We then pack up and head home which is generally 5 minutes away. I gotta good 1 it took me a couple tho. I think she knows I enjoy my groundhog hunting. So now She works seasonal work after being layed off she says it seasonal I can help you with the groundhog hunting spring summer and fall. She works from Dec to April 15 th tax time.

13. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I'm one of the lucky ones too, my wife is ready for anything I am ready for

14. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I had a buddy (Lord rest his soul) that got re-married late in life. His new wife was kind of a control freak and he knew that, so he decided to file a prenuptual agreement prior to their marriage, where he could shoot anytime and anywhere he wanted without her consent.

It was quite funny to find this out over a dinner right after their marriage, and we had lots of laughs about it. But guess what? After about a year of their marriage we hardly ever saw him anymore. She kept him so busy traveling that he almost never got to shoot again just prior to his death.

15. 7mag

7mag Well-Known Member

Yeah I have one of those ex wifes. Took 12 years to shoot the 5 gallon bucket I had loaded when we got married. Now shoot 12 to 15 thousand rounds a year. But her hobbies sure have taken a hit. :)) Cause you know while we were married I was holding her back. Lol.

16. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Guess I was one of the lucky ones!

My wife ... if I was just hanging around the house would say "Don't you have someplace to go shooting?"

Unfortunately she passed away on Christmas Eve. Gonna miss her a big bunch!

17. shadow

shadow Active Member

My Ex is just that because she sold one of my guns while I was out of town. Didnt need the money--just wanted itout of the house. Grrrrrrrrr !

18. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Ahab: My condolences.

Whiz

19. TC

TC TS Member

Ahab, sorry to hear, my condolences also. Tony

20. RayReys

RayReys Member

Ross; you're no nit-wit, you're good peoples - hope I'm lucky like you in the future :)

Ahab; I overheard someone mention your wife's passing last week - my condolences buddy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.