1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Evidence of God???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hubcap, Sep 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

I'm starting this thread in order to discuss/debate evidence for or against the existence of God.

It would be nice if this discussion did not include any name calling, or condescension...........or bible discussion.

I would suggest a good place to start is the "beginning" and I would like to start by asking a rhetorical question.........Is the cosmos eternal or temporal.

If you suggest the universe is eternal I think you should provide an explanation as to why the cosmos doesn't run out of energy...........among other things.

If you suggest the universe is temporal I think you should provide an explanation as to what was the cause.

Let it begin.

hubcap

2. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Notre Dame is 0-3. That's my proof.

...I bet even God isn't rooting for them anymore.

3. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

Paul - if you wish.

4. clays

clays TS Member

Just LOOK AROUND that should be proof enough.

5. Mac V

Mac V Guest

<blockquote>"If you are going to have the discussion without considering the Bible, then you will be discussing god, not God."</blockquote>

The bible is simply a book of short stories. It's men writing about their perceptions of their god.

<blockquote>"...and besides I came home from Viet Nam with no bullet holes in me!!!! Praise the Lord!!!!"</blockquote>

...and I came home from Viet Nam with enough metal in me to start a scrap yard. It didn't matter who I praised; it didn't make a bit of difference.

Mike

6. Kathryn

Kathryn TS Member

God is not required to provide proof of his existence!
    Kathy McLean

7. grammie

grammie TS Member

So many human beings killed on this planet over religious stupidity!!!!

So many in a state of stark ignorance because of religion!!!!

So many that teach their young not to be smarter,wiser,than the parent,,,But to remain as ignorant as they were!!!!

So many have killed using God as their accomplise,,,completely forget just "what" they are praying too!!!!!

As one poster above puts it,,,,"just look around",,,Now I know what he meant!!!! But do as he says,,,"look around"!!!!! Look!!! If there is or ever was a God,,,,he/she is one sick son-of-a-bitch!!!!!

Heres your evidence,,,present yourself you God fearing sheep at some appointed place,,,and then let the people assembled start wailing on your ass with a 2x4,,,they will stop just as soon as God shows up!!!!!

AKA Grammie...........

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I stood at death's door and prayed for help, and it was given.<br>
    <br>
    The sick, self-hating and bitter Grammies of the world cannot convince me that God doese not exist.

9. sallyjane

sallyjane TS Member

Kathryn:

You're right He doesn't need to prove that he exists, but if he did, and made it known to everyone, the world would be a very different place.

10. yenko

yenko TS Member

you prove to me that he doesnt exist!!!!!!!!!!and ill give you twice as many he does.

11. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

If you really want to understand the information that you asked about(and not just start arguments)- then I strongly suggest that you visit the website above. There is more information there than you can possibly consume in a month. The site is truly a marvelous piece of work. It is not geared to support or deny the existence of God only to show what is truly known about our universe, the beginnings that we can know, and how things came to be for us as humans on earth.

all the best,
    john

12. BustClays

BustClays Member

If I asked you to prove if you exist, you would probably say, "I do not need to prove something which is self-evident." I would agree with you, and so it is with God! You have the free will to ignore that which is self-evident just as I have the free will to ignore you but it doesn't change the absolute truth of your existence. That too is the way it is with God. Believe or not, the truth remains self-evident.

I hope that you have a blessed day,

bustclays

13. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

If energy can neither be created nor destroyed (conservation of energy) then I would have to suppose that the universe is eternal. The universe as WE know it, an ever expanding melange of galaxies, will of course be temporal.

perhaps the universe will expand until the original energy source (whatever that may be) is used up...and then will collapse in upon itself, causing another "outward explosion" when singularity is reached. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

14. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

It's the personal walk. Even before I accepted Him, I knew He existed. After I accepted Him, I realized how important He is in my life, and a greater walked started. Michael

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Odin, your 2nd law is called entropy.

As far as any naysayers pointing to war, deaths, all the bad things that supposedly God would not allow if he existed...........NEWsFLASH!

GOD IS NO RESPECTER OF PERSONS! (Oral Roberts didn't get the money, but god didn't take him as promised.LOL)

Grammie, you just dropped a few points. You point to human activities and blame God. All the bad you mention is a result of human free will.

If you throw yourself off a cliff you will splat. for sure. God's law of gravity will see to that.

The universe is a place of order. All the physical material is arranged in orderly fashion. This is simple high school science. Animal, Vegetable, Mineral, all arranged neatly. No chaos there. Proof enough of a higher power.

God just built the house. His children admittedly do not behave very well.

Chuckles, copy paste this:http://www.bibleufo.com/introduction.htm

If you can handle it it gives what may be an answer.

Rev, the name is YHWH, pronounced YAHWEH. That's the original translation before revisionists got to it.

It's Sunday mornin, I'm going shooting.

HM

16. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I don't expect the "believers" to believe this, but the evidence for a God is what they WANT it to be, not what it is or is not. If,from birth, you were never brainwashed to believe in a God, then you would ask..."What is a God"! Get the drift?.......you believe what others [Parents,friends,preachers,etc] tell you that you should believe. If that is the case[and it IS] then you are a sheep....you are mentally lazy, you are still a caveman, you don't know how to rationalize or have the smarts to do your OWN thinking about the things around you. Grammie has it right, no matter whether you want to believe what he said or not. If you were born a Muslim....that's what you would be. If you were born a buddist....thats what you would be. If you were born with enough curiosity and brains.....you would not believe there is this false God, no matter what the "religion". If there WAS a God, why would you need to be "saved" from a world/Environment that HE created? Makes no sense! The bloody cavemen started all this crap in the first place. They saw things around them they couldn't explain, so what did they do....they invented various religionsthat made them feel good, and you know the rest.Religions have,ever since, been the big lie for humanity, holding humanity down and causing only death and suffering.......read a little history. You will quickly see what religions of the world have wrought! It's amazing how much trouble and false beliefs this "God" has caused. One of these
    days{we won't be around} humanity will finally wise up and throw this bullshit out with the wash.....THEN humanity will really be on the ball, at last!

17. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Congrats Joe.....you got it! Everything is what nature[PHYSICS, ETC] makes it. When you begin to try to find a reason for everything, then the point has been missed!

18. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

grammie,

IF, men do terrible things in the name of God, does that make it so? And, If you know these terrible things are wrong, what makes you believe that their announcement of a "God assignment" is honest or correct?

If women kill in the name of Chocolate, does it make Hershey Bars despicable? Of course not, and to say that it does is intellectually dishonest. I've come to expect more of your positions.

Lit,

Just yesterday a man on my squad ran the first 98 birds on a Singles event. When he missed the 99th and 100th birds he walked off the field reciting, "there just isn't a God." His buddy, who finished with a 99, after missing one in the mid 50's, turned to his friend and said, "there most certainly is, and he made me the winner today, just like I asked!"...(true story) So, I'd say that the existence of God has been discussed at a Trap club. And, judging form the litany of excuses I've hear, I'm sure it will be again, and again........ LOL

That's the one good thing about the First Amendment, you can say just about anything, anywhere without fear of censure. I'd hate to see the Politically Correct(PC)Nazi's become the Trapshooters Correct(TC)Jihadist's. The wonderful way this board is organized, no one has to open any thread that doesn't interest them.

IMHO,
    Kip

19. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Scientists often prove their theories by disproving the opposite.<br>
    <br>
    So, you prove to me that God does NOT exist.

20. oz

oz Active Member

why does god get all the credit for (good stuff). 3000 people died in the 9 11 world trade tragedy. did god get the credit? I bet there were lots of people who said " thank god my cat's alive though." or thank god for the firemen that didn't die. he saved the living but had nothing to do with the dead. makes no sense to me. we killed christ. did he help? of course the ecclesiastical geniuses have answers for that. "he died so we could get into heaven!!!" yeah right. war is good too, right!!! thank god for the ones that came back alive. thank him again when we send the GI back to try and survive again. oz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.