1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Everythings Big in Texas

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by foghorn220, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

You can say that again My cousins is a pretty big ole boy also.

Foghorn

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

wonder how many jack rabbits he ate?

3. smsnyder

4. smsnyder

5. 90T3200

90T3200 TS Member

Ugh..I hate snakes..vile, poisonous, disgusting creatures. Somehow I don't think a .357 with snake shot would've taken care of that fatbody. Glad I don't live in Texas.

6. smartass

smartass TS Member

90T3200, that makes 2 of us- we've got all the yankee carpetbaggers we can deal with already. Thanks

7. TC

TC TS Member

From the picture, I would agree with the 9' 1", but I think 37 lbs. would be a little closer. Still a big one, don't want him in my tent!!

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I don't know what they terminated him with,..but had it been me he would have been 6ft 1" and 70lbs.....whatever 6 3"mag #2 pre-steel goose loads to the head would have left behind

9. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Something fishy here. There's noway that snake would weigh 97 lbs, Unless he just swallowed a medium sized dog. The photo is a bit decieving too. The camera is quite a bit closer to the snake than the man who's holding it way out from himself. This makes the snake appear noticably larger than it really is.

Jim

10. Wilma Harris

Wilma Harris TS Member

Am I the only one that sees something wrong with the snake picture? That man doesn't look like he can lift and hold out in front of himself, 97 lbs. on the end of a 3 or 4 foot long bar of some kind. Try it sometime and hold it long enough for someone to take a picture.

Go figure.

11. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Snopes says it is undetermined but it also says it was found at the Turkey creek Gas Plant so at least it was in texas but it tells of a different hwy number.

Of course the Rooster picture is real above .

foggy

12. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Anyone ever been to Burnet, Tow for that matter?

Now look at the horizon behind the gas compressor station, at the grass seen in the pic-----ever seen anything like that near Burnet?

13. 90T3200

90T3200 TS Member

Still sore over the Civil war Anonymous?

This Yankee is a proud Patriot! Go Union!

14. CalvinMD

I agree...9ft long I can see...but the 97lb part sounds a little fishy for sure

15. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

I've got a call into a buddy that works with the guy that killed that coontail, it was killed relatively close to 281--bout 30 miles South, by crow-----in the Texas Panhandle. He was wrapped around a NG feed line coming out of the ground, tryin to cool off.

This was mid Summer before last, IIRC, the way I remember him telling it, it was 91" long and he figured 40 pounds.

I'll promise ya, give me a chance at a bigun like that and I will take him alive to the Big Texan in Amarillo, only worth about $400---------alive.

Biggest I ever found was 77", and he was a horse.

16. CalvinMD

definantly big enough!! cud put an awful hurting on you I bet

17. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

It was close to where Jimmy Lives! Allen

18. CalvinMD

Gordo....does it taste like chicken??

19. southpark

southpark TS Member

I agree about keeping him alive and selling or donating to a collection.

I recently caught one in my garage but he was little (please, please, don't try this at home and blame me when you're in the hospital and they want to cut your black leg off!) and took him out to a field to let him go.

By the way, I've had rattlesnake and while it tastes just fine, I really didn't like the texture at all. Much to chewy for me, but I understand some folks think it's great. But to each his own.

20. wwqc21

wwqc21 TS Member

Foghorn, when growing up in Iowa we had a rooster that would chase me around
    the farm yard that seemed that big to a five year old. I always carried a couple wet corn cobbs in my back pocket. Now living in south Texas we have a
    couple Blue Indigo Snakes that I see around the house ever so often, Rattlers
    are on their menu so glad to have them around. I've ran around hunting Guail all over the King Ranch, and can only remember two Rattlers I've come across, and I hope they are the only two I ever encounter, but know telling how many I've been close to. Don't hunt that much now but alway's carefull going into
    Trap House.

Ya'll take care and have fun shooting. Wayne Quandt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.