1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Everything comes in 3's - mower just broke !

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by amboy49, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

Everything comes in 3

So our 20 year old refrigerator just died on us. We "saved" $2,000 finding a new frig on sale ( that my wife wanted )! We had a bad windstorm two weeks ago and I noticed a few shingles peeled off the top of my roof - so I guess I'll be having a new roof put on ! 8 <(

The weather has finally warmed up in Indiana and the April rains have my grass growing at a record pace. My wife called today, when I was out shooting, and informed me the mower started belching white smoke out of the tail pipe and then died. When I went to pull the plug wire the crystallized boot just crumbled. As I cranked the mower over I noticed oil/gas coming out of the back of the engine. I pulled the valve cover off and cranked the engine over and gas came spewing out around one of the valves. The mower is about 10 years old with no previous problems. It is a 10 hp. Toro zero turning radius motor.

I don't think it's a stuck valve as they were both moving when I cranked the engine over. Blown head gasket perhaps ? Anyone have any thoughts about what the problem may be ?

Thanks in advance

2. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

My three in a row last week; was a friend committed suicide, my partner from work dropped dead of a heart attack after "beating" lung cancer, and a 25 year old at my club died in a motorcycle wreck. I hope neither of us has another week of "threes"

3. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

Based on your comments and assuming you have no compression, I would think you have a hole burned in the piston.

4. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

"It is a 10 hp. Toro zero turning radius motor."

No foolin'? Wow, I gotta gets me one of those !!!!

5. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

ur out shooting and wifey is cutting the lawn...some people should not complain :)

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I'm with need to shoot more on this - you got a gal that will mow the yard while you are out shooting. There are no problems, life is good, buy a new Torro post haste, heck even one with a cup holder! Don't let this great arrangement change directions over a silly little thing like a blown engine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.