1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

EVERYONE PLEASE READ!!!!!!! MIDDLETOWN?????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nitro 100, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitro 100

nitro 100 Member

Middletown Sportsman club is under new mangement. Patrick Byrd is the new managemer and doing an outstanding job. He has had some excavating done in front of the traps behind the clubhouse. Also he is throwing White Flyer targets and is personally setting the targets before the shoots. Evidently the changes have made a difference because scores have certainly started getting better at the shoots there. Most of the time you need a 50 if you expect to win Saturdays calcutta clean and a 35 to win Wednesday nights calcutta clean. This past wednesday night there was 3 35's in the 35 bird shoot. Very very few complaints of targets now. This club has been bashed for ever, lets give it a chance and see the difference now. Pat has made arrangements for the purchase of new Pat traps and there will be no handset traps used in the shoot during the Mid American. The exception to this will be the practice trap will be a handset. Come out and shoot one of the clubs shoots and have a great time. I think you will be glad you gave the club another chance. Hope to see you at Middletown. Before some one asks, we locted in Middletown, Ohio. Thanks for your support of Middletown sportsman Club.

Jerry Nickell

2. mizzmo

mizzmo Member

3. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

I enjoy shooting at Middletown. I only get to shoot there for a week in the Fall. I have to limit my 8 hour shooting drives.

Pat Ireland

5. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Jerry: This is just one opinion but I would suggest that with the cold winters in Ohio that you make a suggestion to you're clubs new manager to look into GMV Superstars instead of PAT Traps because of the hydraulics getting cold and causing problems when shot in very cold air. if you dont keep heat in the trap houses the machines do not function properly and they will keep throwing targets unless you put heat on the tank and keep the oil warm and the cylinder.The GMV is a more pleasable trap then the other I had experience with both. pat.

6. porky

porky TS Member

mx2005- If your feelings are that strong towards them using GMV's Superstars, you should donate the money to buy the GMV's to replace the Pat traps and let Middletown keep the Pat traps for their summer shooting when you say that Pat traps work better. That way your pleasurable winter trap experience would be spread and everyone would consider you to be a magnanimous donator and not just someone who likes to hear himself talk.

7. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

git-it-dune, Like i send and only replyed to what was in the first thread maybe read and you would see that it was mentioned about buying pat traps so i dont want to here my self i replyed and thats it if you dont like dont read...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

patrick byrd middletown ohio