1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

everybody is a pro

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hmb, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You do not have to be AA27AA to know right from wrong. HMB

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

More like plenty of shooters in C and D offering lessons!!

3. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Personally, I've been treated with much respect with my posts and answers to my questions have been extremely helpful. I like it here! Maybe it has more to do with the posts than the responses?

4. WYBOO WOOD

WYBOO WOOD Member

C and D shooters offering lessons?? Highly offensive. Dave Hunt

5. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

You must be really new. Haven't you figured out that trapshooters are grumpy, opinionated, righteous, know-it-all, bunch of old fat farts? Thank god, I am not one of them...I freely admit I was wrong once...think it was sometime back in 82.

Mark
    DD15DD

p.s. Actually once you filter the back chatter, there is an incredible amount of useful information here. Just imagine if your only source of information was from your local shooters.

6. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

<i>actually once you filter the chatter, there is an incredible amount of useful information here. </i>

Winner, Winner chicken dinner!!

Bryan

BTW I love the DD15DD

7. SALPICAO

SALPICAO TS Member

This is getting worse than Washington DC, it should be called trapshooterspolitics.com

8. al391

al391 TS Member

Mark425 is on the mark.....so to speak. I have to take exception to taking advice from "some" C and D shooters. Some of those old tired eyes were once very good shooters. A person who has many years of experience but may be on the other side of his game can still help. Would you take advice from Leo, or Kay or Harland when their game has gone south? I know I would......Jack

9. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

chourico.... I've noticed recently that your posts, specifically, have an edge to them that does not go over real well with most seasoned members on this site. I'm the first to tell you that I am one of them. Attitude has everything to do with how a response is treated. How you post, and how well you word it, work to generate the responses you receive, good or bad. Yes, there are quite a few "wannabees" on this site that will probably never get out of C or D class that think they have all the answers. Their minds are made up, don't try to confuse them with facts. Too bad. They will never get better at this game.. There also seems to be an influx of fairly young, know it all, inexperienced shooters frequenting the site that just like to see their name in print and will argue that the sky really is not blue, but brown. The trouble with that is they have no concrete information to back up what they are saying. I am finding out that a great majority of them respond to a post without having any clue as to what they are talking about, primarily because they have no experience in that area. They just want to be argumentative, for lack of better wording. There are also, on the other hand, a very large number of seasoned, experienced shooters, in all classes, and all yardages, here that really try their best to answer questions, and are qualified to give advice, based on years of having "been there and done that". I would like to think that I am accepted as one of those. I, like most of the others that truly love this sport, have the experience and knowledge that comes from many, many years at this game. We only want to pass on information that we have learned first hand, coupled with what we honestly believe will help the newer shooters avoid the pitfalls. The trick is to try to sort through the B/S and the real deal. Not always easy to do, but, after you have frequented this site long enough, you will be able to distinguish the "good stuff" from the garbage... Your sarcastic post above just re-enforces the point... Dan Thome (Trap2)

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Now that was well put and from a trusted and long time poster. Thx dan

11. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Dan:
    Nicely said.
    Steve Balistreri

12. twotimer

twotimer Member

Dan, a little wordy, but overall well done. Mike

13. Calkidd

I like it Dan, maybe the "enter" key every once in a while....**wink, wink** Just kidding Dan, you are by far one of the most respected poster in my book.

Bryan

BTW, the reloading is working out very nice.

14. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Mike.... It needed to be wordy so that even chourico would fully understand what I was trying to say. Based on his PM to short shucker, he obviously didn't get the message, which doesn't surprise me in the least.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

Lou, Steve, Mike, and Bryan.. Thanks very much for the kind words. I appreciate it..... Dan

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Good post Dan.

I was also told that i have no opinion because i'm only a B~20.5~0 shooter.

I did not know that. Hmmmmmmm Guess i have a long way to go.

Matt

16. Calkidd

Your my hero Matt.....

Bryan

17. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Good point AL 391. Unfortunately, I don't believe any former AAA or AA shooters currently shoot in C or D and know how to use a computer.

Yes, Dan Thome is a knowlegeable seasoned trapshooter who knows the history of the game and is well qualified to offer his opinion. There are many other 2 or 3 year experienced wannabees who might want to spend more time listening and learning than typing!!

18. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Works everytime!!!

Matt:)

19. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

Where is Pat Ireland when you need him.....

This place is different.

20. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Thanks Dawg... You've been around a while yourself.... lol...:) Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.