1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

EVERY GUN CLUB HAS ONE!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    every gun club i have ever gone to has the resident loud mouth and know it all. every gun club also has the resident complainer. at one of the clubs that i belong to. we have a shooter who was at one time a AA27yd shooter, he is older now, still thinks he's as good as he use to be. has only the best of everything, from expensive guns, to shooting clothing, cars etc. but have the club raise the cost of practice shooting 25 cents per round, all he does is criticize the club. this guy, will boycott the club, and have all of his other shooting buddies shoot elsewhere. he does this at every club he has ever been attended. when shooting, he criticizes the targets, the pullers, the management etc. every club has this type of shooter. without naming the person, does your club have a member similar to this shooter? he also is like a groupie, comes out to the club, sucks up all the free air, and just sits and complains and doesn't shoot.
    steve balistreri

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

Yep ... every place no matter what place it is has at least one of those types of people, some places have even more.

Heck Steve you could, by some of us, even be kind of considered to be one of them here on TS.com just because of your post. ;-))))))

3. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Some organizations have entered into a "No Complaining Thursday" campaign. This fellow wants everyone to do it for 21 days! No Complaining for 21 Days

Morgan

4. dverna

dverna Active Member

Your "has been" needs to find a reason not to shoot - so he bitches about everything.

He cannot post a good score anymore so someone/something must be blamed.

Do not give him an audience. Challenge him to a shoot for a coke, burger or coffee to shut him up.

Don

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Tron,

You're starting to loose your touch.

Steve,

I'm surprised that there is only on at your club!

ec90t

6. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Agreed with others, only one? Most clubs I go to these days seem to have a whole front porch full.
    But then sometimes you meet incredibly nice people who owe you nothing and decide to help anyways.
    Your dissenter is hurting the sport more than the anti-gunners. It's people like him that discourage youth from getting involved.

I don't think I've ever complained about a single target. If it's a slow pull, well, you shouldn't be moving before you see the bird anyways. And if you're only a AA27 shooter under perfect conditions, then you ain't worth chicken squat in my book.

7. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

I usually approach the whiners and complainers with taking over responsibilities of the topic that they are bitching about. They will either do the job, or shut up, in most cases.

8. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

Yea! We had one one time back in the 70's. So My wifes uncle and my two friends got him squaded with us during a registered shoot. We shot the pants off this idiot at the 16's. We also were fairly close in yardage and were able to shoot handycap with each other and this person. He got midway through his second trap and walked off telling everyone we were his problem for not shooting very well. So the next registered shoot at this club he got squaded with us again. He refused to shoot and asked if he could be resquaded to another. The only other squad that had any openings was the handycapers in wheel chairs or crutches. He refused that one to. He went around and around with the person who was incharge of the shoot that day. On the first shoot, the one he walked off he requested all his money back. Didn't get a dime. On the second he haden't paid any money yet and when he found it was with us four or the handycapers he got his gun and went to his car and left. The managers of the club said that he never showed his face after. I had only seen him one time after that at another shoot elsewhere in Ia.. He didn't get to shoot there either. He was told if he didn't stop his grumping, griping and complaining he would be lucky to shoot anywhere in Ia and Western Ill.. He tried to shoot in Ill in the area where I, my two friends and the wifes uncle were from, and that didn't work either. He finaly sold his home and moved out of Iowa and was never heard from again that I knew of.

Rich.(inPeoria,A.Z.)

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

Gordon ... now that is really hilarious. Almost as hilarious as your statements of this and that only to have actual customers come back and refute your word with actual situations and facts of you doing the exact opposite.

10. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

Actually we don't have anyone like that at our club......Just a bunch of good ol boys who like to shoot. Some shoot well, some don't, but they all just like to shoot.

hubcap

11. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

"yea, so what???"

A brilliant response from an intellectual giant.

12. dr.t

dr.t TS Member

hubcap,
    I find it hard to believe that your club does not have just one whiner. Where is it

13. kolar12

kolar12 Member

Wow, Steve! I know the people you hang around with. By the way, are you now retired? It would appear that way!

14. lumper

lumper TS Member

Your Highness Prince Darkness sir ...

You have described many on TS.com who let people bother them and tuning them out instead of yapping like school children on the playground about this or that person.

15. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Pretty easy to tell that the prince_of_shitheadedness has never been involved with club management.Go get yourself elected to the board of directors of your favorite club, then come back and tell us how long you put up with the b.s. before you got irritataed.

16. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

P. O. D. Your accusations of thin skinned and sensitive personalities of others are the same symptoms you your self are suffering from or you wouldn't be ranting like an idiot.

Not only has every gun club got one, we've got you and a few others. LOL Keep ranting like a idiot, you make others lood good. LOL

17. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

If you don't think you have this guy at your club, you're it!

18. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Who gives a shi- find something real to complain about. If you do not like the guy tell him. You will feel better and maybe he won't come back. Then you can find some real problems to whine about. That is the great thing about trap shooters, No shortage of whiners.

19. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I got news for you Smoke! There's ahell of alot more than just ONE at most clubs!

20. shadow

shadow Active Member

Actualy, we dont have that problem. The complainers got their asses run off years ago. All that are able to help pull their share of the load and we get along very well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.