1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever use a Sports Hypnotist?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Alamo, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alamo

Alamo Member

Wonder if anyone has had results from a sports hypnotist? Not just the DVDs but, actually going to one for a session(s)? Any success? Who did you go to? I'm having problem with a flinch.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    How about a Gun Whisperer?

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Brian--That was wrong............... LOL

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Wife did-awesome results!!

5. twotimer

twotimer Member

I did, he got me clucking like a chicken, couldn't get the voice activater to release a bird! Mike

6. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

I have a shooting buddy that is one, Larry. Let me know if you want to talk to him.

Ken Rucker

7. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I went to one who works with olympic shooters. It did help to build my confidence, and i feel that it was well worth the money. People will think you're crazy when you tell them you're seeing a hypnotist but don't let it bother you. Don't so much think of it as hypnotism, its more like mental training. It will introduce a new thought pattern, giving you more confidence in competitive situations. As with other bad habits, i would imagine that it could help your flinch as well

8. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Sacrifice a chicken in the dark of a full moon; it's cheaper.

MK

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Back in the 1970's there use to be Subliminal Trap shooting tapes one could buy. They sounded like ocean waves. I use to play them all night. I don't know if they helped my shooting, but they sure made me sleep great.

10. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I used to be a pretty decent shot, and then I let Shootlow hynotize me and I haven't shot good since.

In retrospect, that might not have been the thing to do........lol

Hauxfan!

11. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

The Hypnotist did help my shooting but now I pee on Fire Hydrants..Not a very good tradeoff...SMOKIT

12. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I took the NRA shotgun coaches class, there is a section on mental training.. I have tried it but I cant focus.. my mind wanders too much.. according to the teacher, mental training was as important at actual live firing..

13. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

I'm either too dumb or smart to be hypnotized...anyway targets aren't the problem...it's those second helpings that need curtailed!!!!!!!

14. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I may have, I just don't remember. Maybe thats what improved my shooting.

15. Automan

Automan TS Member

Stay away from Dr Hill. He uses the reach around method.

16. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

You are getting sleepy.......Your eyes are getting heavy.......Your eyelids will no longer be able to stay open............You are better than Leo........When i snap my fingers you will awake on the All American Team.......

17. RonC

RonC TS Member

I went to a talk by a person that called himself a hypnotherapist. It was worthwhile but I did not follow up although he said he could help me. He did talk about what hypnosis was. He said what you see on stage isn't it but when you drove to work usually using the same route and you can't remember driving through an intersection or if the light was green or red, you are basically in a hypnotic state. When I am in the zone shooting and can't remember anything about the mount or time it took to call for the bird, nothing about the call to shot timing---its hypnotic?

Ron

18. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

Yeah...I've been accused of being in a trance when I shoot.....I have this out of body experience where I can view myself by hovering above.......course that's after I have a Red Bull......it gives you wings!!

19. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

Some funny replies for sure, but seriously ( if possible? ), hypnotherapists are helpful. But like any other profession, someone had to be at the top of the class and someone had to be at the bottom. I used one many years ago for playing pool. I had excellent results. I was also trained in self hypnosis. But like any skill, use it or lose it. Whether it be trap, pool, golf, tennis, etc., it can work. It depends on your ability to concentrate and your ability in the sport. It cannot make you any better at the time than you already are. It still takes proper practice.
    Good luck finding someone. It does work.
    Nubs Wagner.

20. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Just make sure your hypnotist is right-handed if you are right-handed; left-handed if you are left-handed and if your dominant eye is the same; also check to see if he/she uses a release trigger...etc. If he/she uses an autoloader for doubles, find another hypnotist. Regards, Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.