1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

EVER TRADE OR SELL A GUN YOU WISH YOU KEPT?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

hello:
    have you ever traded or sold a gun that you wish you would have kept? i once owned a pre 64 model 12 trap gun that fit me like a glove. sometimes when i pulled the trigger, i felt i would miss the target, and believe it or not, it still smoked the target to my amazement. i know the guy who has it, i offered him alot more money for it then he paid and he refuses to sell it. it sits and sits in a closet of his. i think he does it to me on purpose. what gun do you wish you could get back and can't for some reason or another?
    steve balistreri

2. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Perazzi DB-81 Ser. # 57579 Combo with Briley chokes in the O/U.
    Bob Roberts

3. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Yes. Old S&W M&P 5" blue 5 screw with S&W certification letter authenticating it was made in 1951 and originally shipped to a dealer in Florida. It was serial number 186212. Simply the smoothest, most accurate .38 I ever had.

I would pick it today, over a wondernine because of how fast and accurately I could place shots. If that gun is still out there, in the condition I sold it in, I would pay $500 to get it back. I bought it and sold it without a box.

Also, a S&W Model 17 K-22 target masterpiece serial # 10K8924, formerly owned by my late father. The first revolver I trained on when I was a teenager.

Awesome .22. Love to get that one back, too.

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

my Winchester 21....

5. k80jim

k80jim Member

The usual stuff....Model 12 trap, WS-1 Model 410 skeet. But the one gun I shot so well and for some reason just never kicked. I have shot lot's and lot's of guns but nothing like this one gun. Browning Grade 2 32" O/U Trap. Had very "blue" finish and outstanding wood. I have no need for that gun, but would buy it back,"Just Because". Jim

P.S. I think I sold that thing to Butch Watson. Hey Butch were are you?

6. JOND

JOND TS Member

BT 99 MAX

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

My space gun.

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Like Ajax, all of them; M.70, pre-64, 7mm Rem. Mag. inexpensively customized by a blossoming smith as a practice and show piece; another pre 64 M.70 completely customized in .257 Ackley Imp.; 1928 M.12 Trap #544205; S&W M.586, 6", fine tuned to perfection; Fortunately, I've hung onto the Gov't Model, series 70 .45, the Winchester M.61 and 62, the Walther PPK, my trap Kguns, and a few other jewels. Better start looking for a broker to handle them when the inevitable approaches.....Bob Dodd

9. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

My 1st Maodel 12 and my Browning XS Skeet.

10. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Yes.....A few times!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.