1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever shot a registered "bird"?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trapshooter, Feb 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Ever shot a registered

I haven't done it myself, But i have seen it happen 3-4 times ant the ohio state shoot and the grand. The bird was behind the clay. Todd

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Ever shot a registered

Once in a very high wind from trap three post one I got a hard left at the same time the shooter on trap two post five got a hard right and I broke them both with one shot .

KEYBEAR

3. Prescott Gene

Prescott Gene Member

Ever shot a registered

About 20 years ago, at the now defunct, Novato Trap Club, I did. Got both "birds". I was so focused that I did not see the winged one but my buddy told me about it later.

Gene

4. Flench

Flench TS Member

Ever shot a registered

When I first started shooting League in the early 90's. One Dove a week would get blasted sometimes a starling or a black bird. I have seen Dove swoop in toward the Clay as it is flying out.

Doyal Kirby

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Ever shot a registered

Never done it, but have seen it happen. Bill

6. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

Ever shot a registered

My dad was a pull boy in the 70's for the arizona chain and he pulled a target but the guy he was pulling for has something else on his mind and smoked a dove instead

7. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Ever shot a registered

At the Grand back in the mid 70's it happened several times one year. The birds were thick. John

8. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ever shot a registered

When the "Grand" was held in Vandalia, it happened several hundred times every year. Mostly doves flying towards the shooters in the afternoon.

Ed Yanchok

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Ever shot a registered

It was called " Dead,...and lost"

10. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Ever shot a registered

This year at the Grand in Sparta it happened a bunch of times. Doves were thick out in front of the traps and they were always winging around. A bunch of 'em got blistered during the shoot. ...............Uncle Sam, Pa.

11. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Ever shot a registered

I heard about a bird being shot a couple of years ago up in Michigan. The shooter was then escourted off the line. Not sure of the circumstances though. Lol.

ec90t

12. Irfner

Irfner TS Member

Ever shot a registered

Conked one with a golf ball once. Got a flying malard right in the head. Screwed up my drive though.

13. gspman

gspman Member

Ever shot a registered

Two years ago I was surf fishing in Orange Beach Alabama. Hit a seagull with a 2 oz. pyramid sinker while making a cast. Completely folded the bird and it was dead when it hit the surf. My buddy called me Randy Johnson for the rest of the trip.

gspman (Dave P.)

14. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Ever shot a registered

had a turkey walk on the field,rite in front of post one field one,,now field 4,,we were first squad at willow wood NY,,,it was opening day of turkey season,,,,had a turkey stamp,,,,they still would not lets us shoot him,,,,

15. 24grams

24grams TS Member

Ever shot a registered

No, but I saw a friend of mine kill a real rabbit while shooting a rabbit target on a sporting clays range. I said, "You shot the rabbit."

He said, "I know I hit it. I saw it break."

I said, "NO. You shot the RABBIT!"

He never even saw it feeding in the grass about ten or fifteen yards behind the target.

I threatened to call Fish & Game, since cottontails were out of season.

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Ever shot a registered

I have done it myself and just considered it to be a good but lucky shot, being as I broke the target also with the same shot ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Ever shot a registered

I saw a Killdeer get popped last year, it swerved down and landed on the next field, behind the 16 yd shooters, at about the 23 yd line, it lay there and nobody else saw it but me....when they finished the round, the wounded bird fluttered its way about 3 feet off the ground out into the parking lot. startled the crap out of the guy who almost stepped on it! We also had a small hawk swoop down and bag a mouse last year, it landed off to the side, between the Trap house and the pads, covered it's catch with it's wings then hightailed it outta there with its grub!
    A couple of years ago, at the Nashoba Sportsmans club in Acton Mass, a deer (young buck) started hanging around the club, he would wander over and you could scratch his ears and rub his antler, they even fed him plain donuts. He was not alarmed by the shooting at all. How he became tame we never knew, but he was seen there as well at some small farms in the area, they likely fed him. One day, he wandered over and stood between the traphouse and station 2, my buddy, Lanny, an avid deer hunter lay his gun down and said "I can't believe I have to do this" as he chased the deer off to the next, unused field, we were falling down laughing!! I didn't have a digicam at the time, but it would have made a great picture with a caption about "an excuse for missing a bird". ten minutes later someone showed up with a digital camera and I got a photo of the deer standing next to a shooter! I will post it when I can find it on the puter at home.- Frank C.

18. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

Ever shot a registered

I did it 2 months ago at a shoot in Redlands from the 25 yard line. Hit the bird, broke the target and it landed right on top of the traphouse. But to top it off we had to stop shooting and I went and removed it and missed the next target.

I was at the 1978 Grand when they shot international trap as part of the program and down on the east end of the trap fields their were thousands of night hawks that were flying in front of the traphouses. They were falling out of the sky like crazy.

Gary

19. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Ever shot a registered

Gorillajg,
    Said shooter the next year won the singles championship in his class at the Grand! We still tease him a little about the episode. On heck of a nice guy though.

ec90t

20. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

Ever shot a registered

I've seen it twice and also once by a baseball pitcher at a ballgame. You wouldn't believe what a fast ball will do to a live bird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.