1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever Shoot MoSkeet

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ed Y, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I shot them in the early '50s at Boy Scout camp. I have a small collection of the smoothore .22s, mo-skeet traps, and targets that I have acquired over the years.

Ed Yanchok

2. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Wow, someone else that's actually heard of Boone Valley. I remember Gary talking about a guy that did that for them at Field days, sure sounds like it'd be fun to try...then again, any type of trapshooting sounds fun right now, cabin fever set in looong ago LOL. This crappy winter weather can just go away.

-Jollytrapshooter

3. CO - 369

CO - 369 TS Member

I thought you told me a little brunette was the reason you were a happy teenager.?

4. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Our last field days was kind of slow and and not many people showed up because it was so windy. All we really do now is 22 and trap competitions and pistols. Although we did some fun things with trap, like 1 bird out of every 10 was a white bird, if you broke it, you won a free 2 liter of pop. Then we had a raffle. It'd be neat if we could do the mo-skeet some time, bet we could have some fun with that.

-Jollytrapshooter

5. Whiz Bang

Whiz Bang TS Member

I first shot MO-SKEET-O at a boy scout camp at Lake City Minnesota back in 1959. Since then i have put together a collection of 18 smooth bore rifles,about a dozen or more variations of traps. Lots of original targets and vintage ammo. Some of my collection is the Mossberg Targo items. Ed Y do you have any items you are interested in selling?

6. Ed Y

Nothing for sale.

Ed Yanchok

7. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

do they still make the targets? with the price of lead it could make shooting affordable again!

brett d.

8. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Herman Kuhlman was the Remington rep in Spokane during the '40's and '50's and brought the equipment to the Spokane Gun Club. It was fun and Herman always provided the ammo and targets so the price was right. I always shot the "Shur-Shot" ammo in appreciation of Herman's contribution.

9. Sonny

Sonny Member

At one time Bruce Bowen had 8-10 of these mo skeet machines in his shop. I dont wether he has them any more.I took some of the covers off to see how they worked.I havent seen any of the targets though.Sonny

10. Ed Y

Along with my traps and guns, I have several cases of the targets. The cases contain 500 targets each.

Ed Yanchok

11. Ed Y

I think that the modern "minis" are harder than the old mo-skeets and thus probably won't break well using the small .22 scattershot.

Ed Yanchok

12. Whiz Bang

Whiz Bang TS Member

The modern sporting clay targets i tried were a little smaller but thicker. They flew out of the trap just fine but were hard to break. Even with 22 magnum shot they wouldnt break very well. You can still find original targets. Two years ago a guy in Chicago had well over 100 cases for sale but you had to take them all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
al moskeet guns

moskeet