1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever See a Double Bolt Rifle?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MTA Tom, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

[​IMG]

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Interesting. Blaser makes one too...

3. philk

philk Member

You gotta be kidding me, that looks real expensive.......

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

http://www.blaser.de/R-93-Duo-Hamed.750.0.html?&L=1

Here's Blasers. I think a "standard" grade one is 60 or 70k

5. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I would imagine it's in the "if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it" category....amazing bit of engineering, none the less....

6. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing this with us, I read about it once when we're talking about dangerous games.

First thing came to mind was what Jeff Cooper once said "An interesting solution for a problem doesn't exist."

Reliable feeding of two cartridges at one stroke of two bolts at the same time is my main concern. I'd use my trusted double rifles.

If I need more than two shots of .416 Rigby without proper backups (the PH we paid dearly for), I'm in the wrong argument with the game.

7. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

My guess is that gun wasn't built to solve any problem. It was probably some gunsmith with nothing better to do standing around his shop and thinking "nobody's ever done that before", and so he did it. It's a wonderful thing to have your own machine shop...

8. JoeBobOutfitters

JoeBobOutfitters TS Member

I believe those are primarily used for very large game (think Africa) so you can have 2 shots at dangerous game. If you miss twice, I hope your wife doesn't find out your 60k gun became a chewtoy for the Lions...I'd bet she'd be more upset than losing her hubby.

9. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

I wouldn't have to worry about how upset she'd be if I became a lion's chewtoy.

She'd have used the gun on me as soon as she found the receipt, and trust me, she'd find it!

Once saw a nice used Sinar view camera in a shop in Luxembourg City. I'd have loved to buy it, but she'd have beaten me to death with it as soon as I got out onto the sidewalk if I had. Oh, well, it'd be harder to take if I thought she wasn't right.

Tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.