1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever noticed at the end of Tombstone

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 686beretta, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

Was just watching this on TNT for the 9,000th time or so it seems, at the very end when Ike Clanton takes off the red cowboy sash and he rides off he looks like the horse/rider logo on Winchester boxes.

2. kansasshooter

kansasshooter Member

hahaha. Nope, never noticed that before. But it kinda does.

3. rlcammer

rlcammer TS Member

I remember thinking the same thing the first time I saw the movie.

One of my favorite westerns.......

Ric C.

4. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

"Well go ahead, skin that smoke wagon and see what happens."

5. parrothead

parrothead Member

Every time I watch that movie it makes me want to grow a Handlebar Mustache!

6. Loyac

Loyac Member

Here you go...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f7J6dRkJjOI?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f7J6dRkJjOI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

7. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Thanks, John....

That has to be #1 or #2 on my list of all time favorites. if you like tombstone, you should watch Gettysburg. Similar in a lot of ways.

I've probably watched Tombstone 50 times....

8. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

One of those that if you're channel surfing and it comes up, you stop and watch. Just like "The Professionals" with Lee Marvin, Jack Palance, Woody Strode, Robert Ryan and Burt Lancaster, or "Quigley", not a great movie but a great gun and who can refuse to watch the craggy faced Tom Selleck, or "The Wild Bunch". I'm also hooked on a James Lee Burke novel made into a movie, "Heaven's Prisoners" despite its starring the ultra left wing Alec Baldwin.

9. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

Those movies really get me every time I run into one. I will be surfing, run across one, and say I will just watch 5 minutes, I've already seen it 50 times. Before long, it is 51 times.

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <i>"Every time I watch that movie it makes me want to grow a Handlebar Mustache! "</i>

I grew a large handlebar mustache when I was doing cowboy action shooting. It was long enough that I could stretch it to my earlobes. It was also a PITA to maintain, and would often get caught in rifle actions, and particularly in AR15 CAR stocks. I haven't done cowboy action shooting for quite some time, so there was no need to bother with a handlebar. Now it's short and neat.

Also add to the list of movies above...

Monte Walsh - The one with Tom Selleck, not Lee Marvin. One of the few remakes I like better than the original.

Open Range - Robert Duval and Kevin Costner (one of the few movies with Costner I like). Good movie, nicely done.

I thought the remakes of The Virginian and High Noon were lame.

11. Aggie.

Aggie. Member

I always thought, that guy that Wyatt slaps, is that a fat Billy Bob Thornton?

12. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Aggie, I've always knew that voice from that guy, but couldn't figure out who he was. That's it I'm sure - a chubby Billy Bob.

13. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

That is billy...

I like just about everything Doc says, but my favorite line of his is late in the movie when Wyatt is down by the creek, "walkin on the water" and his reply to "Hell, I got a lot of friends" is "I don't".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.