1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever heard of FCA?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

The FCA stands for Fellowship of Christian Athletes. I attended a Skeet Shoot and luncheon Thursday to get help sponsoring the program in my district. Our guest speaker was Ray Goff, Georgia Bulldog coach extraordinar. I was very impressed with him and the message. Their ideal is to minister through the sport programs and banquets, which are often held off campus and legal to do. It's also about getting coaches and teachers that parents approve of, taking back some of what has been taken away.

Oh, and I didn't win the skeet shoot but did get a trophy and a hat autographed by Ray. Jackie B.

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Great organization. My cousin got involved with them in Nebraska while playing for the Cornhuskers and stayed with them through his playing days with the LA Rams. Every athlete I have met who had exceptional character, were usually involved with the FCA.

4. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Ron Brown is back coaching the Nebraska Cornhuskers again and he is very involved in FCA. I have watched him on campus when nobody was watching. He walks the walk and talks the talk. He influences both the athletes and non athlete alike and is a leader you would like your kids to model after. Turner Gill is the current coach of Buffalo and has done an amazing turn around of that program. He was a quarterback at Nebraska during his playing days. IMHO Omaha

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

His name is George Andrews and played with Nebraska in the late '70's and the LA Rams until in St. Louis, of all places, had his knee blown out. Astro turf just doesn't release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.