1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

EVER HEAR OF CRESCENT ARMS CO. IN CT?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yukon_870, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yukon_870

yukon_870 Member

I was at a gun show this past weekend and saw a nice 16ga. SXS made by Crescent Arms Company in Norwhich, CT. The gun was older (my guess from the 1940's or 1950's) and had side plates and a double trigger. Has anybody ever heard of Crescent Arms Company in Norwhich, CT? How long were they in busines? Were their guns of good quality? Are their guns up there with Parker and LC Smith SXS's?

2. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

Crescent Arms guns were entry-to-mid level guns. Not in the same class as Smith, Parker or Fox. Not terribly collectible, but in good shape they should be good shooters. Parts may still be available. Their Damascus barrel guns should NOT be used with modern shells. -J.Wolfington, Phila., PA

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I've got an old rolling block rimfire rifle made by them. It's a descent shooter, but not real fancy. I think the ammo cost's than the gun.

ss

4. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

They supplied the hardware store market with inexpensive guns.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I owned one years ago, hunted wabbits with it. It was a 16 ga/ My son has it now

6. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

My first gun was a Crescent Firearms Dbl barrel. I got it many years ago when I was 14 years old. My Father bought it from my History Teacher who used to go hunting with us. (Imagine that, a Teacher with guns). I shot my first Pheasant and my first Deer with it. My Brother fell while hunting and broke the butt stock, so if anyone here has a stock at a reasonable price, I might be interested. I would like to use it again just for sentimental purposes. Larry Evans

7. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

A friend of mines father has a double marked Crescent, also, one marked Empire.

Someone told him they were Hardware store guns distributed by Folsom Arms Co.

Regards....Gerald

8. Drew Hause

Drew Hause Well-Known Member

Here you go - scroll down to the bottom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.