1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever have POI problems with a Browning O/U?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SShooterZ, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

I'm trying to collect some data regarding Miroku made O/Us and any barrel problems they may have produced.

I know I've read on TS.com a few instances where people had XTs I think that either didn't shoot to the same POI or were way off from the second barrel.

I'm just curious to know what problems people have run into, what their problem was, and how they resolved the problem.

Thanks for any and all input.

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I had a DB-81 where the top barrel shot in a far different place than the bottom barrel. I traded that gun for a Citori and some change and the Citori had the same POI for both barrels. The morale of this story is that any manufacturer can have trouble with regulation but I would expect a quality control program to weed out the bad ones before they hit the market.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

maclellan1911 - If you measure the POI at 13 yards (the standard distance) you should be able to tell with 100% accuracy if the POI of the two barrels is different. It is best to test the POI 10 times for each barrel and this must be done from a good rest.

Pat Ireland

4. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

Lower as in underneath the bottom barrel or lower in terms of flatter shooting?

I think the top barrel on an XT is a bit of a flatter shooter than the bottom barrel but I could be wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.