1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever Been Charged to Bring Your G/Cart to a Shoot?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Prettywood, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prettywood

Prettywood Member

Just curious as to how many cart owners haulin' EZGO's, Club Cars, Kubota's, Mules, Polaris' or any other makes and types have run into having to pay to bring their personal (Clay's Cart) to a shoot. Have you run into having to prove Liability Ins? A good friend and shootin' buddy claims that at larger events ie: Zone Shoots-State Shoots etc. they'll charge 50.00 a cart and may start charging us well, or is this already the norm? There are so many carts at Sporting Clay events in OH and PA, I'm sure there's a ton at Trap shoots as well..Appreciate your responses, Tim

2. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I have never been asked to pay a fee, however, I have been asked for proof of liability insurance. I have the insurance certificate copy in a laminated pouch in the glove box of the cart...just in case.

Bob

3. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Own a used car lot so we put a dealer plate and proof on ins. on.

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I dont mind the proof of insurance stuff ...but any shoot i would be charged to use my own cart is one they will never see me at...in my case its my walker, wheel chair, crutches...you get the picture

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

it happens but not if you have a medical reason for the cart. If you don't have liability then sometimes a charge. Why should Clubs assume the liability of private carts?? Add the cart to your Homeowners Ins. policy for coverage.

Don

6. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

At the Grand American if you bring a cart in you are to show proof of insurance for liability on the cart. If you rent one there it's built into the price of the carts rent. Never heard of a shoot being held and carts being charged a fee when a owner uses them. Dan

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Aprice --Because automobile liability insurance is the LAW. Golf cart liability is not.

Matt

8. Prettywood

Prettywood Member

My mistake for adding the insurance aspect to my post...The title of the post is-Ever Been Charged to Bring your Golf Cart to a Shoot! I'll type slow...Have you been to a shoot where they are charging big bucks for Cart rental and had them charge you a fee to to unload your personal cart for use during the event? Again, forget about the insurance part, let's talk charging a rental fee! Thanks, Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.