1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Even a 13 year old get's it....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Jerbear, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Even a 13 year old get

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/prmGb1o3dcQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jerbear

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

This young lady had both barrels loaded and smoked her targets. Good presentation. Jackie B.

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

You do know that it's not an extemporaneous presentation. She's reading from a teleprompter and has had acting experience. There's no way the production values in the piece are not pre-planned.

Eric

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Jenny is a 13-year-old 8th grader who's been interested in politics for a couple of years. She was confused about the claims of the Democrats and the claims of the Republicans.

So, she decided to look at the facts and do a report card for President Barack Obama and one for Governor Mitt Romney. She compared them and now presents her findings in this video.

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Though it seems to be scripted at least she didn't need a teleprompter and she made a lot of sense which is something else Obama don't do ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Of course she's reading from a teleprompter but not the type you see on each side of a lectern. Her prompter is mounted in front of the camera lens so she's looking into the camera thru the prompter screen.

Eric

7. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Obviously mixer doesn't get it although he apparently thinks he was there.

8. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

John Galt,

No I wasn't there there but I've been there recording the sound hundreds of times on similar projects in my career. I got what the message was but I stay clear of commenting on political issues.

Eric

9. Ohio Bob

Ohio Bob Member

I believe she is reading from a teleprompter too. I also believe she researched, wrote and is reporting the facts that she found.

I don't think you could just read that information and report it in a clear and concise presentation like she did, with out knowing what was being reported and believing it to be true.

I did notice that there were no "pause for effect" moments like our fearless leader does when he is just making a speech.

10. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Perish the thought of commenting on political issues in the political section of the forum. Far better to get balled up on what kind of teleprompter somebody uses and whether they have acting training or not. Makes sense to me......not.

11. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

John Galt,

You assume I read TS.com by the forum titles. I don't, so all posts are mixed together. Discussing or debating political issues on TS.com is like preaching to the choir since 98%+ of the members here are of a like mind and adding my voice to either side will not change anything.

Eric

12. pdq

pdq Member

Mixer is right.

I've made similar videos. In them, I'm looking at the script of a text on a screen in front of me. Behind the screen is the camera lens, so that it looks like I'm looking square into the lens, because I am. On accasion I stop, they change the camera for a tighter head shot just to break things up visually, then switch back again. Most important thign for me is to not talk in a monotone, but to act like that screen is the face of another person, modulating my voice, pausing occasionally, all the things you'd do if having a face to face conversation with someone.

Pete

13. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.