1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Euro's

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hullchucker, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hullchucker

Hullchucker TS Member

Looking for the best and cheapest way to exchange US dollars for Euro's ?
    Thanking you in advance, Hullchucker

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Don't use cash except for minor out of pocket expenses like tips and fast food/snacks. Use your credit cards because they have the best exchange rates. If you keep your cash exchange needs low, then you can use the exchange booth at the airport or your bank can order Euros for you before you go. Contact your credit card issuers and ask if your PIN #s are international ones. Use the ones that are to get Euros out of ATMs in Europe. They are all over and you will get the CC exchange rate.

3. Hullchucker

Hullchucker TS Member

Thank you JBrooks

4. JEB

JEB Active Member

I sell Italian machinery mainly for the stone industry and all of it is priced in euros. To answer your question, it really depends on how much money you want to exchange. For example our machiney usually costs in excess of 50,000 euros, or $70,000. For that size of transaction or larger, we use currency exchange houses. They will give better rates than banks. However when I travel there, I will exchange pocket money at the European airport, but they usually have a commission built in. Nevertheless it is cheaper than doing it on this side. For a larger amount, then I go to a bank in what ever country I am in. Do not use storefront exchange booths or your hotel, especially your hotel. Their rates are very poor. In a lot of places there are cash machines tied into banks. You put dollars in or use your bank card, (not credit card which is like borrowing money on your card at a very high interest rate), and receive euros. These have some of the best rates you will find. Sometimes Mastercard, Visa or Amex will also give you a good rate on purchases. The transaction is done in euros and then the credit card company converts it to dollars. Amex got into a class action suit a few years ago for ripping people off with the exchange, but they have changed their ways. Just remember that you can almost always get better rates for spending money in Eurpoe than here. Beware the currency exchanges in USA airports.

John Bergman

5. Hullchucker

Hullchucker TS Member

Time was a factor and not knowing any better we exchanged $5000.00 US dollars for Euro's and it cost us $1.48 per Euro and a one time $20.00 fee. It just seemed that there was a better way. Thanks to all. Hullchucker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.