1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

EUROCHASSE???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blkcloud, May 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Have any of you ever dealt with this company? Last year I tried to buy a xt combo from them, called them with credit card in hand and got probably the rudest rag head sounding gun dealer I have ever talked to.. needless to say I didnt buy from him, One guy I know bought a gun on gunbroker from them, he won the auction and they wouldnt sell it to him for the winning bid price.. I just called them again a few minutes ago and got another ranting and raving rag head.. If they do sell any guns it must be from walk in customers who dont care how they are treated...

2. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

It's a very fancy, expensive store in an upperclass town in Connecticut. I was in the store. It's beautiful and has some really nice, and expensive, stuff. But the service there wasn't what I would call enthusiastic.

3. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

It's a very fancy, expensive store in an upperclass town in Connecticut. I was in the store. It's beautiful and has some really nice, and expensive, stuff. But the service there wasn't what I would call enthusiastic.

4. Hilton55

Hilton55 TS Member

I recently bought a new Perazzi MX-8 from them and they were great to deal with. They answered all my questions, gave me an excellent price, sent the gun out to me right away. I would definitely buy from them again. John

5. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

If you do a search, you'll see this has been discussed B4 and as I recall, a clear majority would agree w/ Blkcloud.

6. 5141

5141 Member

Well I'll probably jump in the grease here,but here goes....I don't post on here ( I was looking at a gun FS for a friend) but take the opinion for what it is worth.....
    I first met Hani Haffez in Reno in 1986..... over the following 24 years I have had nothing but square dealing and pleasant conversation with him whether casually chatting around a clubhouse,or dealing on a gun,either in person or over the phone.....
    In the past days when a bunch of us really travelled here and abroad he was frequently a travel companion of the Well known many time Champion Russo brothers ,and I assure you Jerry and Larry don't have any jerks in their entourage....

Paul Melton

7. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Can't say I had warm and fuzzy feelings about the few phone conversations I had with the subject outfit, but all deals were straight and square, their prices are by far the best I can find.

They managed to stay in business means they must have enough customers that are pleased.

Remember Raffaele Marasca from VA? Most people don't like him, but I happen to deal with him repeatedly because of his knowledge and good price. Contrary to what most you've heard, He was actually very friendly to me.

These two individuals are like Tony Galazan, have absolutely no patience for tire kickers, the difference is they offer good prices.

From a business point of view, as a buyer, I don't have to like the person (to certain point) to save money.

From emotional point of view, as a seller, sometime I deliberately lower my selling price (in some cases lower than some lowball offers) just so I can pick my buyer. I had my days for the price of couple hundred dollars.

Of course the advise you get from any discussion forum generally worth what you paid to get on it. :)

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I'm sorry to say.. I'm not a tire kicker.. Anyone who knows me at all knows that.. BUT.. I demand the same respect I give people.. Period.. He'll never see my money.. if the products were free.. A good price without a good seller is a bad hand..I don't like "deals" from bad hands..

9. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I was in the store 2 year ago. I want to buy a BT99 limited edition gun. The guy said what do want with a bottom feeder gun like that.
    Now I was shocked. Then the guy said look at this Perazzi this is a gun. Nice gun how much. He said if you have to ask the price it's not for you stay with the BT99.
    I grab my wifes arm and left with out one word said.
    I would never buy a gun from that guy. He did have a nice shop and some very nice guns.
    He need a saleman that can handle people. He sure can't.

10. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Ah, competition, this levels the field out don't ya think. There are lots of places to buy shotguns.

11. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Don't sound he cares for the working man pondering his shop.He's probably the type that smungs the lower income and makes sure they don't bother him with repeat visits and lookers.
    From my view I would take a gun from them if the give it to me.

Treat people as you would like to be treated.

12. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

I am in sales and I learned early on not to judge the appearance to be relative to the ability to purchase.

A pleasant not threatning greeting and a few well placed non threatening questions can qualify need and purse in short order.

13. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

391, you're so right. I know someone who own many expensive guns but don't own a car, live in a shared apartment in L.A.

Off topic a little, 20 some years ago, my newly became rich friend send his bother in law to buy a white Rolls Royce Silver Spirit for the family, the only dealer in town was Rolls Royce of Beverly Hills, the manager is a good friend of mine, I heard the story from him before my friend.

This unshaved jobless 30 year old brother in law drove his 15 year old Mitsubishi Colt with different colors on each side went straight into the show room on W. Olympic Blvd. in Beverly Hills, CA, no one would greet him. The manager came out the rest room and saw this poor young man in old jeans and t-shirt standing next to a white Silver Spirit and asked: "Excuse me. Do you deliver?"

Derek the manager at the time politely answered: "Certainly Sir."

My friend's brother in law pull out a check book ask the out the door amount and gave it to Derek together with my friend's new home address in San Mario, CA., he told Derek "next Friday would be fine, so you'll have enough time to clear the check."

Derek went back to his office look at the check for a good 5 minutes, call Bank of America verified the account then send the lot boy to deposit it.

The check cleared, Silver Spirit delivered to my friend's 2 million dollar new (1986) home, then I got a call from Derek to tell me this story. All commission went to him, no sales rep. involved.

In 1980's Rolls Royce of B.H. hardly sold 100 car a year, all of them involved test drives, lease negotiations, complimentary beverages or cigars, and few hours of explanation of the vehicles to those snubs and picky wives, this is one easy sale.

Derek told me the cheapest car came thought their parking lot was Cadillac, never saw a Mitsubishi before or after.

Thought you might enjoy this.

14. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

I've known Hani for a good 25years. Have had plenty of business dealings with him when we had our store. We bought from him and sold to him. He always treated us "straight-up."
    Having run a business and range with my dad for about 30years, I know there are days and things that you wish you could call back and get a redo on. Or things that you might have said that you sure wish you didn't. I know I'm sure guilty of it. Maybe just a bad hair day.
    I know he carries quality product and knows his stuff.

15. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The complaints, so far, sound a lot like the treatment I'd get from the Photographic sales outlets in NY city even when looking at expensive camera bodies, lenses, and other gear in years past. I'd call those folks and get the call answered with a, "Wadadya Want?" It didn't get any better as I ticked off the gear I wanted and the dollars added up. It took me a bit of time to get past this, in my opinion, rude behavior. I finally figured this was simply the way it was in NYC and wonder some if it's not the same to some extent in a big city Connecticut. Perhaps east coast humor (??) or standard behavior is just not all that acceptable to us all......breakemall.....Bob Dodd

16. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

so what's up this guy's ass? sounds like this place is to be avoided...his prices are not that great to begin with coupled with his rudeness makes me wonder how he is staying in business....he must be doing something else on the side to maintain his business or his shop is acting like a front company for some other nefarious activity...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

eurochasse