1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Euro falling, import ammo going down $$$ ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mrskeet410, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Euro falling, import ammo going down $$$ ?

They should if it last. And I expect the American ammo competing in that niche,e.g. Gun Clubs, Estates, W-W Universals, will drop to match the competition.

Good or bad for shooters in USA? Dunno.

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

While the Euro is dropping.. what is happening to the cost of lead.. plastic..and manufactured products..??? I see no great drop in prices at all.. The ammo bunkers of Europe are full.. as shooting is down over 50% there with the money crunch.. The older inventory must get used up before new goods will fill the lockers.. Even in Italy.. I see the UEE shells filling the bunkers.. up for sale at 40 Euro per flat on SALE.. That's $50.00 per flat or $5.00 per box for trash.. The better shells are 52.50 Euro per flat or higher.. $65.00 on up.. or $6.50 per box..

I think.. just about anywhere.. the days of $4.50 per box is OVER.. like the days of 22 longrifle at .67 cents for 50.. Just a memory..

3. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Old inventory or new inventory in Europe, US dollars will buy more of them.

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Lead is finally falling toward the price it should be, considering the lead available to the market is at a 5 year high. Oil prices are also falling ... good news for buyers of ammunition and targets. Bill Malcolm

5. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Inflation (printing more fiat money) makes everything cost more, not less. Supply and demand is the only solid reducer of cost.

On the good news side, I heard that both Buxton and Georgio Armanti are designing new wallets for their fall lines. Both are said to have collapsible handles and easy rolling, tuck-away wheels. Bad news for most of us, the new wallet's will only be available on Park Ave, and Pennsylvania Ave.

JMHO,
    Kip

6. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

I just bought a nice trap combo case directly from Negrini in Italy. I wanted a light-weight all velvet-lined Perazzi-style ABS case, and couldn't find anything around here that was as nice quality as Negrini had. They had quoted me about a year ago, and the case ended up almost $50 LESS than last year because of the big drop in the euro. ....Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.