1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Eugene Nosco- Straight Shooter-

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Stl Flyn, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Your going to try it again? Let's see how long this one lasts.

2. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I agree---Gene is a good guy but leave it go---Don't beat a dead horse to death.---JMO---George@SJB

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

He's probably out working some more "hot gun deals"...
    [​IMG]

4. TrapDud

TrapDud TS Member

Just this week bought a Spolar from Gene. Sale couldn't went any better. I was pleased with the loader and him. He even delivered it to my hotel so I didn't have to travel in snow to his home. Treated me nicely.
    Leland

5. eos

eos TS Member

Turns out that Bueno has a stubborn streak caused by "Blazer-itis". If you do not succeed with one Blazer, buy another and then exercise your perceived yappin rights on good old TS.com...

He'll try it again, but with another Blazer and another Gene. Decent guy tho...

MIA from daughters puker.

Having fine wine just before traditional lobster boil on NY eve.

Wish you all were here.

Happy and productive 2013 to you all.

Jack

6. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Here's to you Jack.....(clink)

7. Bueno

Bueno Member

"Happy New Year" to all the straight shooters, and those that miss a few birds now and then.
    Present company excluded, of course.

8. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I think Gene is out helping Feinstein get signatures for their gun ban petition.

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Who cares where he is? Just be happy he's not here.

10. Bueno

Bueno Member

Hey eos:

My third Blaser upgrade for my birthday, a Super Sports "Baronese":

[​IMG]

and then for my Xmas present to myself an SO-5:

[​IMG]

One only lives once!

11. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I heard he's been busy constructing his own Mausoleum at Arlington National Cemetery.

-Gary :p

12. Bueno

Bueno Member

Sportshot:

The angle the photo was taken the comb looks disproportionate, but it is not. It is just right.
    BTW: I try to buy all the few shotguns that I have used, but nearly new, and search the web for them. The Baronese I watched for a whole year, before the seller dropped his price, and I got a great deal.
    Been trading up and getting rid of guns I no longer shoot or need, like a FN SCAR .223 and others.

13. Bueno

Bueno Member

Sportshot:
    You are a gentleman, thanks.
    I didn't know that Gene Nosco was a "dead horse", now I get it. I only joined T/S com, a few months ago,
    but really enjoy the fraternity and camaraderie in this cyber space.
    Gene is a proactive fellow, and he means well, and In think that whatever toes where stepped on, he deserves a break.
    PS: I am (also) editor for an internet periodical and a badged contributor for the Washington post.

14. crusha

crusha TS Member

Wow! How distinguished!

That Gene sure keeps some mighty important company.

15. GW22

GW22 Active Member

A distinguished Bro-mance indeed. With Bueno's "badge" and Chesty's Congressional Medal of Honor, maybe these two should get together and polish each other's medals.

-Gary

16. Bueno

Bueno Member

LOL. brings up a true story about "Chesty" Puller in the Nicaraguan campaign.
    Chesty Puller was taken prisoner by the Nicaraguan rebels, and was set to be shot by firing squad. The head honcho asked Chesty for his last request: Chesty answered back that after he was shot he didn't want his body to be buried, but instead left outside for the vultures to eat his corpse. Asked by the bandido why the hell he wanted such a strange request? Chesty answered:
    Just because I want the f...ken birds to fly out and then s..t all over you guys heads!!!!!!!
    The head bandido started laughing so hard at Chesty's remarks that he decided not to shoot him, and thought he was an OK guy, and later let him go.
    True story, so help me........maybe apropo.

17. crusha

crusha TS Member

Gary,

Bleeach! How am I supposed to un-see THAT?

18. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Forgive me.

-Gary

19. Bueno

Bueno Member

I got an incredible deal for the SO-5, much below 18K that I couldn't pass up, and the previous owner never fired it! The action is so tight, that I might to hire somebody to open it up and down for a whole day to smooth it out, and they are now retailing for about $27K.
    I met general Schwarzkopf at a sporting clays shoot where he was awarded a shotgun. He was quite a guy and very approachable, had not stomach for politicians, wimps, or brown nosers. We need a guy like that in the oval office, to get back some due respect, from the rest of the world.
    Like you said, I had a closet full of unused guns that I never shot, was paying insurance for, and decided to let them go for whatever, and now I am so happy with just few very nice guns, and they bring me such pleasure, and don't mind cleaning them at all. It's like caressing a beautiful woman, lol.
    And then when I croak, probably sooner rather than later, my daughters won't have to mess with selling a bunch of guns,lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.